OFFICIAL RULES FOR BIRDS & BLOOMS BIRDS CHOICE™ BIRD DAY CHALLENGE GIVEAWAY
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR ONLINE SERVICE SUBSCRIPTION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE AN ENTRY’S CHANCE OF WINNING
The Birds & Blooms Birds Choice Giveaway (#748) (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC, the publisher of Birds & Blooms magazine (“Sponsor”). Sweepstakes begins at 10:00 a.m. Central Time on March 2, 2015 and ends at 4 p.m. Central Time on May 10, 2015 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
1. ELIGIBILITY: You are eligible to enter this Sweepstakes if you are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry and are a legal United States resident residing in one of the 50 United States or District of Columbia or a legal resident of Canada, excluding the province of Quebec, during the Sweepstakes Period. Entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiary companies, judging agents and promotion partners and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited by law or otherwise regulated.
2. HOW TO ENTER: You can enter this Sweepstakes via the Internet. During the Sweepstakes Period, please go to: http://www.birdsandblooms.com/birddaychallenge and complete the entry form. Additional entry options include: Liking Birds & Blooms on Facebook, subscribing to the Birds & Blooms Birding email newsletter, following @birdsblooms on Twitter and Tweeting a message about the giveaway. There are 5 entry options possible and a limit of one entry per option, per person, for a total limit of 5 entries per person. To be eligible all entries must be received by 4 p.m. (Central Time) May 10th, 2015. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Each entry has an equal chance to win. In the event of any dispute regarding the identity of an entrant for any online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used for the entry at the time of entry will be deemed the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. Sponsor is the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. All information provided by entrant must be complete, true and correct. If an entry does not contain all necessary information, entrant will be disqualified. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the operation of the website or the entry process. In the event the Sweepstakes is entered via a mobile device, Message and Data charges may apply. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to Sponsor and not to Facebook or Twitter.
3. PRIZE: Three (3) winners will receive a prize package consisting of:
An Oriole Feeder, a Finch Feeder and a Recycled Hanging Fly-Thru Feeder from Birds Choice. The Total Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of each prize package is $154.60, for a total ARV of $463.80. The prizes are not transferable and cannot be assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value in the event that any of the stated prizes cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of the Sponsor. All taxes, if any are the sole responsibility of the winner. Neither the Sponsor nor its affiliates, subsidiaries or agencies, nor the prize provider, will be responsible for any loss, liability or damage arising out of the winner’s acceptance or use of the prize.
4. SELECTION OF WINNER/ODDS: A total of three (3) winners will be selected by random drawing from all eligible entries received on or about May 13th, 2015. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Winner will be notified by mail (and those with known email addresses may be notified by email as well) within 14 days of the drawing and may be required to execute a Statement of Eligibility and Release within 14 days of prize notification attempt or winner will be disqualified and prize may be awarded to an alternate winner selected at random among all remaining eligible entries. In the event winner is a minor in his or her place of residence all required documentation must be signed by parent or legal guardian. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected at random among all remaining eligible entries. Entry and/or acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees and agencies to use the winner’s name, hometown (e.g., city and state) and/or likeness for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation or authorization, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, unless prohibited by law. If any winner is a resident of Canada, s/he will also be required to answer a mathematical time-limited skill-testing question. Failure to answer the question correctly, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will result in disqualification and at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner may be selected.
5. CONDITIONS: By entering, participants agree to be bound by these complete Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. By participating, entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies, the prize provider, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, licensees, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Sweepstakes, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Sponsor is not liable for late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, garbled or jumbled, stolen, postage due mail or illegible entries or for printing, distribution or production errors. No facsimile, mechanical, reproduced, altered or forged entries are permitted. Sponsor is not liable for any malfunctions or failures of any telephone network or lines, computer internet system, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials relating to this Sweepstakes, or other technical difficulties or failures or other errors of any kind. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Sweepstakes will be ineligible for prizes and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or modify the Sweepstakes at any time for any reason. In such circumstances prize will be awarded based on entries received to date of termination. All prizes will be awarded.
6. NO RECOURSE TO JUDICIAL OR OTHER PROCEDURES/SEVERABILITY: To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Sweepstakes are hereby excluded, and any entrant expressly waives any and all such rights. In the event that a court of competent jurisdiction finds the foregoing waiver unenforceable, entrants hereby consent to the jurisdiction and venue residing exclusively within the federal or state courts sitting in Milwaukee County in the State of Wisconsin and agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Entrants agree that these Official Rules are governed by the laws of the State of Wisconsin, without reference to principles of conflicts of law. If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
7. ANTICIPATED NUMBER OF ENTRANTS: The total number of entrants anticipated is 4,000.
8. CONSUMER INFORMATION: Sponsor may share customer information about you with reputable companies in order for them to offer you products and services of interest to you. If you would rather we not share information, wish to receive a list of winners, a copy of the Official Rules, have any questions about the Sweepstakes, or you do not want to receive future sweepstakes or skill contest mailings from Sponsor, specify your request in writing to: Birds & Blooms Birds Choice Giveaway (#748), PO Box 50005, Prescott, Arizona 86301-5005. Requests for list of winners must be received by February 29th, 2016.