5 Recycled Ideas for Your Old Christmas Tree
Don't haul off your old Christmas tree to the curb. Give your tree a second life by trying these creative recycled ideas instead!
Now that Christmas is over, you are probably ready to take down the decorations from your Christmas tree and haul it out to the curb for a trip to the nearest landfill. But, what if you could recycle your tree and get some extra use out of it?
I’ve spent time searching for some fun and creative ways to use your old Christmas tree. Here are a few of my favorites along with links so you can do them yourself.
1. Pine Needle Sachets – preserve the scents of Christmas by making fragrant sachets using some of the needles from your tree. Click here to see how easy they are to make.
2. Tree Trunk Coasters – create coasters by cutting sections of your Christmas tree trunk. These would make great gifts and you can see how to make them here.
3. Christmas Tree for the Birds – once you are finished with your Christmas tree, set it outside where birds can enjoy perching in its fragrant branches (be sure to remove all ornaments and tinsel first). You can hang pinecones smeared with peanut butter for an extra special tree for the birds as well from its branches.
4. Plant Markers – select 1/2″ thick branches from your tree and strip off all the smaller branches/needles. Use a vegetable peeler to strip off some of the bark, revealing the light-colored interior and write what you are growing using a Sharpie pen. These are really simple to do and look great! Click here to see how.
5. Christmas Tree Decoration From Branches – create a unique Christmas decoration by using varying lengths of branches from your old Christmas tree to create a new tree that will grace your holiday decor for years to come. This project is not only a great way to recycle your tree, it is very inexpensive. Here is how to do it.
So this year, instead of hauling out your tree to the curb, try one or more of these fun recycled ideas for your old Christmas tree instead!