This DIY Birdseed Wreath Will Attract More Birds to Your Yard
Hungry songbirds will flock to your backyard to snack on this tasty DIY birdseed wreath. Follow these easy steps to make your own.
Our editors and experts handpick every product we feature. We may earn a commission from your purchases.
Mark Derse/Country Woman
If you love to watch birds visit feeders and you love cooking and crafting, combine your passions and make this DIY birdseed wreath. Colorful songbirds will definitely appreciate your efforts and flock to snack on this tasty treat. Here’s even more DIY crafts for birds.
What You’ll Need
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Dried fruits (cranberries, cherries, blueberries)
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 packets gelatin
- 5 Tbsp. light corn syrup
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- Fluted tube pan
- Large mixing bowl
- 5 cups birdseed
- Spray interior of pan with nonstick spray. Arrange dried fruit in pan.
- Place the warm water in large mixing bowl. Sprinkle 2 packets of gelatin over water. Mix until gelatin dissolves.
- Add corn syrup, flour and peanut butter; mix well. Add birdseed and stir to combine.
- Press mixture into pan. Let sit for 24 hours.
- Gently flip pan over to release wreath. Loop ribbon through center and knot to secure. Hang outdoors.
Note: Be sure to be diligent in storing any surplus wreaths and check them regularly for mold once they’ve been hung outside.