Invincibelle Spirit II Smooth Hydrangea Is Pretty in Pink
Enjoy continuous blooms from summer to fall with this smooth hydrangea. Invincibelle Spirit II will add months of beauty to your yard.
Invincibelle Spirit II Smooth Hydrangea Benefits
This hardy smooth hydrangea shrub is considered an improvement of the popular Annabelle hydrangea. It offers months-long beauty—from summer through fall—with little effort. Add it to mixed containers as the thriller element or incorporate into garden beds. The stems are sturdy, so you can expect them to support the large blooms without flopping over. One amazing feature: The deep pink blooms mature to an attractive green.
Typically, you can plant a hydrangea bush throughout most of the year—spring through autumn.
Read more about smooth hydrangeas and other types of hydrangeas you might want to grow in your yard.
Smooth Hydrangea Care and Growing Tips
- Common name: Invincibelle Spirit II hydrangea
- Botanical name: Hydrangea arborescens
- Zones: 3 to 8
- Light needs: Full or part sun. Needs a minimum of four hours of sun.
- Size: 3 1/2 to 4 feet tall and wide
- Grown for: Showy blooms that last into fall. The flowers are perfect as cut flowers—bring these smooth hydrangeas indoors and enjoy them in your home.
- Foliage: Dark green leaves with serrated edges.
- Care tips: For best results, prune back by one-third in early spring to encourage strong stems and flower growth.
Another major benefit to growing this hydrangea is it’s for a good cause! One dollar from every Invincibelle Spirit II smooth hydrangea sold is donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
Next, find out which hydrangeas need full sun and which can thrive in the shade.