School: Kent State University, 2017
Expertise: Birding, gardening, houseplant care, nature photography
- More than 15 years of publishing experience
- Co-led a children's nature photography workshop for St. Croix Environmental Association
- Participated on national panel on how to promote diversity and inclusivity in the publishing industy
Megan is the senior editor of Birds & Blooms and has over 15 years of publishing experience. She is a member of the Minnesota River Valley Audubon Chapter and enjoys volunteering in various birding and wildlife initiatives.
- University of the Virgin Islands, Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration and Marketing
- Kent State University, Master of Arts in Visual Communication Design (with Design Abroad program in Berlin, Prague and Dublin)
Birds and Blooms Editorial Policies
For almost three decades, Birds & Blooms has been inspiring outdoor enthusiasts to have a lifelong love of birding, gardening and nature. We are the #1 bird and garden magazine in North America and a trusted online resource for anyone who enjoys the beauty in their backyard and beyond. In addition to our staff of experienced gardeners and bird-watchers, we hire individuals who have years of education and hands-on experience with birds, bird feeding, gardening, butterflies, bugs and more. Our content is written by trusted journalists and fact-checked by bird and garden pros for accuracy.