OFFICIAL RULES FOR BIRDS & BLOOMS MAGAZINE’S BIGGEST FAN CONTEST
1. Eligibility: This contest (“Contest”) is open to legal U.S. residents and Canada residents outside of Quebec 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC (“Sponsor”), the publisher of Birds & Blooms magazine, or its affiliated or subsidiary companies are not eligible to participate. Contest is governed by laws of the USA. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
2. How To Enter: Contest begins on January 1, 2014 and ends on March 1, 2014. All entries must be received by 11:59 pm Central time on March 1, 2014. To enter, please create an original video of yourself, telling us why you are Birds & Blooms magazine’s biggest fan. Video length should not exceed 2 minutes in length. Videos must be uploaded to youtube.com to a personal account. YouTube accounts can be created free of charge at youtube.com. Once video is uploaded, a link to the video must be sent to us along with your full name, address, city, state, zip, telephone number and email address, using the entry form available at birdsandblooms.com/biggestfan. Videos in which the picture is not viewable, or the audio is not clear will be disqualified. One entry per person. For more contest details and tips on how to create a better entry, see our “Tips for Entry” section at birdsandblooms.com/biggestfan. YouTube is not affiliated with this Contest.
All information provided by entrant must be complete, true and correct. If entries do not contain all necessary information, entrant will be disqualified. Please be certain to follow all directions. In the event the Contest is entered via a mobile device, Message and Data charges may apply.
All entries above (each, a “Submission”) must be the original work of entrant and not previously published. Submission must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity. Submission must not contain any content that is disparaging, defamatory, libelous, obscene, or that otherwise contain inappropriate content or objectionable material as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winner will be required to grant to Sponsor all right, title and interest in the submitted entry. Sponsor reserves the right to use your entry in all print and electronic media, and to edit it for brevity and clarity as it deems appropriate in its sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for any unauthorized use of any Submission by third parties.
3. Judging: SUBMIT YOUR VIDEO FOR THE CHANCE TO BECOME BIRDS & BLOOMS MAGAZINE’S BIGGEST FAN. The winner of the Contest will be determined by a judging of all qualifying Submissions based on the follow criteria: CREATIVITY 50%, ORIGINALITY 20%, QUALITY 20% AND FUN 10%. All entries will be judged using the criteria stated above. All judging will be accomplished by a panel of judges from the Birds & Blooms staff. Decision of the judges is final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest. One grand prize winner will be selected. In the event of a tie, the person among the tied entries with the highest score in CREATIVITY will be declared the winner. If a tie still remains, the person among the remaining tied entries with the highest score in ORIGINALITY will be declared the winner. In the event that the grand prize winner is not available or declines the prize, a runner-up will be selected.
4. Prize: ONE GRAND PRIZE OF A 4-DAY, 3-NIGHT TRIP FOR 2 TO NORTHWEST OHIO WILL BE AWARDED. TRIP INCLUDES AIRFARE, HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS, CONFERENCE ADMISSION AND ONE $500 GIFT CARD. THE TRIP CONSISTS OF THE FOLLOWING:
- ROUND-TRIP ECONOMY CLASS AIRFARE FOR WINNER AND ONE GUEST FROM AN AIRPORT CLOSEST TO WINNER’S HOME TO AN AIRPORT NEAR NORTHWEST OHIO FOR A TOTAL OF FOUR CONSECUTIVE DAYS AND THREE NIGHTS BETWEEN THE DATES OF MAY 6-15, 2014.
- REGISTRATION FOR WINNER AND ONE GUEST FOR THE BIRDING FESTIVAL, BIGGEST WEEK IN AMERICAN BIRDING.
- ADMISSION FOR WINNER AND ONE GUEST INTO ONE FIELD TRIP OF THE EDITORS’ CHOOSING.
- DINNER OR LUNCH WITH ONE OR MORE EDITORS OF BIRDS & BLOOMS MAGAZINE AT AN ESTABLISHMENT OF THE SPONSOR’S CHOOSING.
- HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS FOR 3 CONSECUTIVE NIGHTS FOR 2 PEOPLE IN ONE STANDARD DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ROOM AT A HOTEL OF SPONSOR’S CHOOSING. BIRDS & BLOOMS WILL ARRANGE HOTEL AND PLANE RESERVATIONS FOR WINNER AND GUEST.
WINNER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR TRANSPORTATION TO AND FROM AIRPORTS OF DEPARTURE/ARRIVAL AND TRANSFERS FROM AIRPORTS TO HOTEL. Winner and guest must travel on same itinerary. Should the winner elect to not take a guest, or such guest is unable to accompany winner on same itinerary, winner shall forfeit that portion of the Grand Prize and the difference between the actual value of the Grand Prize and the stated ARV will not be awarded. The total Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of the Grand Prize is $4,000. The prize is not transferable and cannot be assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value or to pay the winner the Approximate Retail Value of the prize. All expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of winner and his/her guest including, without limitations: meals, rental car, minibar, gratuities, telephone calls, and pre/post hotel accommodations. All taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner, as well as travel risks, insurance, loss or damage due to prize acceptance or use. Neither Sponsor nor any of its affiliates or representatives will be responsible for any loss, liability or damage arising out of the winner’s acceptance or use of the prize. Winner and/or guest may wish to obtain travel insurance (or other forms of insurance) at their own expense and hereby acknowledge that the Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Winner and guest must possess valid travel documents in order to travel. The grand prize is guaranteed to be awarded.
5. Selection of Winner: Winner will be selected on or about to MARCH 15, 2014 and notified by regular mail or email within 30 days of selection and may be required to execute a Statement of Award Eligibility, Acceptance and Publicity Release within 30 days of prize notification attempt or winner will be disqualified and prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. In the event winner is a minor in his or her state of residence all required documentation must be signed by parent or legal guardian. Entry and/or acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its licensees and agencies (if any) to use the winner’s name, address (city and state) and/or likeness for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation or authorization, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, unless prohibited by law.
6. Conditions: Sponsor is not liable for any technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer internet system, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading/uploading any materials in this Contest, or other technical difficulties or failures or other errors of any kind. Sponsor is not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or third person’s computer and/or its contents, related to or resulting from Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or modify the Contest at any time for any reason. In such a circumstance, Grand Prize winner will be selected based on entries received to date of termination. In the event that two similar entries are received, only the entry judged to best meet criteria as set by Sponsor will be included in the judging. Entrants agree to indemnify Sponsor, its affiliates and licensees from and against any and all claims and liabilities arising out of or in connection with this Contest. In the event of any dispute regarding the identity of an entrant who submitted an online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used for the entry will be deemed the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organizations (e.g. business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor is the official timekeeper for this Contest. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the operation of the website or the entry process.
7. Anticipated Number of Contestants: The total number of contestants anticipated nationwide is 500.
8. Winner List/Consumer Information: If you wish to receive a list of prize winners, have any questions about the Contest, or you do not want to receive future sweepstakes or skill contest mailings from Sponsor, specify your request and write to: BIRDS & BLOOMS MAGAZINE, 5400 S. 60TH STREET, GREENDALE, WI, 53129.