BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER CONTENT MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSOR’S WEBSITES AND OTHER INTERNET CHANNELS, USED IN SPONSOR’S PUBLICATIONS AND PROGRAMMING, LICENSED/ASSIGNED TO OTHERS, OR USED AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED BY SPONSOR, IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION, REGARDLESS OF ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY FOR THE CONTEST OR THE CONTEST PRIZE. ENTRANT AGREES THAT, IN THE EVENT OF AN INELIGIBLE ENTRY, THE OPPORTUNITY FOR THE SUBMITTED CONTENT TO RECEIVE PUBLICITY IS THE SOLE AND SUFFICIENT CONSIDERATION DUE TO ENTRANT AND THAT THE LICENSE GRANTED BY ENTRANT HEREIN SHALL BE AND REMAIN VALID AND IRREVOCABLE.
- Eligibility:This Contest is open to legal U.S. residents residing in one of the 50 United States or District of Columbia and legal residents of Canada (excluding the Province of Québec) who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. This Contest is sponsored by RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC (“Sponsor”), the publisher of Birds & Blooms. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiary companies, judging agents and promotion partners, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to participate. Contest is void where prohibited by law or otherwise regulated.
- How To Enter/Grant of Rights: Contest begins at 9:00am Central Time on Nov. 10, 2022 and ends at 3:00pm Central Time on Dec. 16, 2022 (the “Deadline Date”). To enter visit http://www.birdsandblooms.com/contestsand follow the instructions. All entries must include your full name, address, city, state/province, zip/postal code, telephone number and email address. Entries submitted in geographic areas in which the entry is not permissible will be disqualified. If entries do not contain all necessary information, entrant will be disqualified. Please be certain to follow all directions. Sponsor is the official timekeeper for this Contest. In the event the Contest is entered via a mobile device, Message and Data charges may apply. Entrants may submit up to three videos in this Contest. Entrants will be required to tell us in at least 50 words where the video was taken, why the video was chosen for submission, and, if possible, identify the particular bird species in the video. Videos should have a maximum size of 270 MB. Videos should be no longer than 2 minutes.All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Each submission must be the original work of entrant and must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other rights of any person or entity. Entrant must obtain requisite permission from any person who appears in a submitted video to the grant of rights to Sponsor as set forth in these Official Rules. By submitting an entry for this Contest, you grant Sponsor, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners and licensees all right, title and interest in the submitted entry, which includes the perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, unlimited, irrevocable right and permission to use, promote, advertise, publish, broadcast, transmit, exhibit, perform and otherwise exploit (collectively, “use”) your video and any other information provided (collectively, the “submitted material”) in any and all markets and media, by any and all methods or means, whether now known or hereafter devised, for any purpose whatsoever as Sponsor, its licensees and/or assignees may determine in their sole discretion (the “Licensed Rights”), including without limitation for the purpose of marketing, advertising, and promotion, regardless of your eligibility for the Contest, and the right to use your name, likeness, voice, hometown (e.g., city and state) and biographical information about you in connection therewith. Sponsor reserves the right to edit, modify, add to, translate, reproduce and distribute the submitted material in any medium and in any manner as it deems appropriate, and you irrevocably waive any and all so-called moral rights you may have in the submitted material. This grant of rights is made without limitation upon time, circumstances, location, market, or medium of use, and includes without limitation all uses of the submitted material in all types of content, including but not limited to, the right to use the submitted material in connection with any other program(s), format(s), production(s), commercials, commercial tie-ins, product endorsements, licensing, product merchandising and/or merchandising of any kind, whether or not related to Sponsor, and also includes, without limitation, the right to use the submitted material to publicize, advertise and promote any and all programs, products or services of Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and licensees in any and all media. You also understand and agree that Sponsor may assign or sublicense the Licensed Rights and any and all rights associated therewith (in whole or in part) to any affiliate or any third party in its sole discretion and without providing any further consideration or notice to you. Sponsor may contact you via phone or email regarding your submission.
- Judging: All entries must meet the Contest requirements. A panel of Birds & Blooms staff will review and select winners based on the following criteria:
- Originality: 20%
- Quality: 60%
- Personality: 20%
In the event of a tie, the highest score in the Quality criterion will break the tie. The winners may have their submissions posted on the Birds & Blooms website and in other media.
- Winners and Prizes: A total of 3 winners will be selected as follows: one (1) first place winner will be awarded US$500; one (1) second place winner will be awarded US$300; and one (1) third place winner will be awarded US$200. Each prize is not transferable and cannot be substituted or assigned by the winner, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value in the event that the stated prize cannot be awarded for any reason. All taxes, if any, are the responsibility of each semi-finalist and winner. Sponsor will not be responsible for any loss, liability or damage arising out of the acceptance or use of any prize(s). All prizes are guaranteed to be awarded, assuming a sufficient number of qualifying entries is received and meet the minimum judging criteria. The total approximate retail value of all prizes in this Contest is US$1,000.
- Selection of Winners: Winners will be determined and notified on or about Jan. 30, 2023 by regular mail and/or email. Any winner will be required to execute a Statement of Eligibility, Release and Payment Authorization within 10 days of prize notification attempt or be disqualified and prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. In the event any winner is a minor in his or her place of residence, all required documentation must be signed by parent or legal guardian. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate may be selected.
- No Recourse to Judicial or Other Procedures/Severability: To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest are hereby excluded, and any entrant expressly waives any and all such rights. In the event that a court of competent jurisdiction finds the foregoing waiver unenforceable, entrants hereby consent to the jurisdiction and venue residing exclusively within the federal or state courts sitting in Milwaukee County in the State of Wisconsin and agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Entrants agree that these Official Rules are governed by the laws of the State of Wisconsin, without reference to principles of conflicts of law. If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
- Anticipated Number of Entrants:The total number of entrants anticipated nationwide is 600.
- Winners’ List/Consumer Information:If you do not want to receive future sweepstakes or skill contest postal mailings from Sponsor, specify your request and write to: Birds & Blooms Bird Feeding Video Contest (#274) Mailing List, P.O. Box 3125, Harlan, Iowa 51593-0191. To receive a list of winners, write to Birds & Blooms Bird Feeding Video Contest (#274) Winner List, P.O. Box 3063, Harlan, Iowa 51593-0127. Winners’ list request must be received within one year of the Deadline Date.