Birds & Blooms Photo Contest (#267) Official Rules
- Eligibility: This Contest is open to legal U.S. residents residing in one of the 50 United States or District of Columbia and legal residents of Canada (excluding the Province of Québec) who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. This Contest is sponsored by RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC (“Sponsor”), the publisher of Birds & Blooms. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiary companies, judging agents and promotion partners, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to participate. Contest is void where prohibited by law or otherwise regulated.
- How To Enter: Contest begins at 9:00am Central Time on June 29, 2022 and ends at 3:00pm Central Time on August 31, 2022 (the “Deadline Date”). To enter visit http://www.birdsandblooms.com/contests and follow the instructions. All entries must include your full name, address, city, state/province, zip/postal code, telephone number and email address. Entries submitted in geographic areas in which the entry is not permissible will be disqualified. If entries do not contain all necessary information, entrant will be disqualified. Please be certain to follow all directions. Sponsor is the official timekeeper for this Contest. In the event the Contest is entered via a mobile device, Message and Data charges may apply.Entrants will be able to submit photographs in three categories: Birds, Flowers, or Butterflies. Entrants will be required to tell us in at least 50 words where the image was taken, why the photo was chosen, and, if possible, identify the particular species or plant variety in the photo. Digital photos should be at least 5 MB in size with a maximum size of 25 MB, and 300 DPI. Eligible persons can submit one photo per category.All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Each submission must be the original work of entrant and must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other rights of any person or entity. By submitting an entry for this Contest, you grant Sponsor, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners and licensees all right, title and interest in the submitted entry which includes the right to publish your photo and any other information provided worldwide in all print and electronic media (now or hereafter existing) without time limitation, and the right to include your name and hometown (e.g., city and state) in connection therewith. Sponsor reserves the right to crop, edit, modify, translate, reproduce and distribute the submitted material in any medium and in any manner as it deems appropriate. Sponsor may contact you via phone or email regarding your submission.
- Judging: All entries must meet the Contest requirements. A panel of Birds & Blooms staff will review and select 12 semi-finalists (4 in each category) based on the following criteria:
- Originality: 20%
- Quality 60%
- Personality 20%
In the event of a tie, the highest score in the Quality criterion will break the tie.
Voting for Winners: To vote electronically, anyone with an email address may go to www.birdsandblooms.com/contests and vote in accordance with the Voting Terms and Conditions for this Contest. After the 12 semi-finalists are chosen, there will be two user-voting periods. The first voting period will consist of the 12 semi-finalists and will determine one Category Winner for each category. The second voting period will consist of all the Category Winners and will determine a Grand Prize Winner. The first public voting period will be held beginning on or about November 1, 2022 and ending on or about November 30, 2022. Users should log onto www.birdsandblooms.com/contests to vote on the 12 semi-finalists, choosing their favorite in each category. The submission that gets the most votes in each category will be the Category Winner and will then go on to the second period to determine the Grand Prize Winner. The second public voting period will be held beginning on or about December 1, 2022 and ending on or about December 16, 2022. Limit one vote per person per category in the first voting period and one vote per person in the second voting period. In the event of technical difficulties, voting dates are subject to change without notice.
- Winners and Prizes: A total of 12 semi-finalists, 3 Category Winners and 1 Grand Prize winner will be selected. The 12 semi-finalists will have their submissions posted on www.birdsandblooms.com/contests and will each receive US$50.00. The three Category Winners will receive an additional US$100.00 each. The Grand Prize Winner, chosen from the three Category Winners, will receive an additional US$1,000.00. Each prize is not transferable and cannot be substituted or assigned by the semi-finalist or winner, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value in the event that the stated prize cannot be awarded for any reason. All taxes, if any, are the responsibility of each semi-finalist and winner. Sponsor, its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, promotion partners, judging agents and prize providers, and the respective employees, officers, directors and representatives of each of the foregoing, will not be responsible for any loss, liability or damage arising out of the acceptance or use of any prize(s). All prizes are guaranteed to be awarded, assuming a sufficient number of qualifying entries is received and meet the minimum judging criteria. The total approximate retail value of all prizes in this Contest is US$1,900.00.
- Selection of Winners: Semi-finalists will be determined and notified on or about October 14, 2022 by regular mail and/or email. Category Winners and Grand Prize Winner will be determined and notified on or about December 22, 2022 by regular mail and/or email. Semi-finalists and winners may be required to execute a Statement of Eligibility, Release and Payment Authorization within 10 days of prize notification attempt or be disqualified and prize may be awarded to an alternate. In the event any semi-finalist or winner is a minor in his or her place of residence, all required documentation must be signed by parent or legal guardian. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate may be selected. Entry and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its affiliates, agencies and licensees (if any) to use the entrant’s name, hometown (e.g., city and state) and/or likeness for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation or authorization, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, unless prohibited by law.
- No Recourse to Judicial or Other Procedures/Severability: To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest are hereby excluded, and any entrant expressly waives any and all such rights. In the event that a court of competent jurisdiction finds the foregoing waiver unenforceable, entrants hereby consent to the jurisdiction and venue residing exclusively within the federal or state courts sitting in Milwaukee County in the State of Wisconsin and agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Entrants agree that these Official Rules are governed by the laws of the State of Wisconsin, without reference to principles of conflicts of law. If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
- Anticipated Number of Entrants: The total number of entrants anticipated is 7,000.
- Winners’ List/Consumer Information: If you do not want to receive future sweepstakes or skill contest postal mailings from Sponsor, specify your request and write to: Birds & Blooms Photo Contest (#267) Mailing List, P.O. Box 3125, Harlan, Iowa 51593-0191. To receive a list of winners, write to Birds & Blooms Photo Contest (#267) Winner List, P.O. Box 3063, Harlan, Iowa 51593-0127. Winners’ list request must be received within one year of the Deadline Date.
|Birds & Blooms Photo Contest (#267) Prizes||Retail Value||Number of Prizes||Anticipated Number of Entries||Final Closing Date|
Category Winner Prize
|*Depends on the number of eligible entries received.
YOU HAVE NOT YET WON.
No one will know who the winner is until after the Contest ends. Final Closing Date is the last date entries are accepted. See Official Rules for details.
ENTRY IS FREE.
BUYING WON’T HELP YOU WIN.
VOTING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The public will be provided with the opportunity to visit www.birdsandblooms.com/contests (the “Site”) for two rounds of public voting. The public will be asked to select his/her favorite entry for the 12 semi-finalists (round one), choosing their favorite in each category to determine one category winner for each category beginning on or about November 1st, 2022 at 12:01 a.m. Central Time and ending on or about November 30th, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. Central Time (the “Round 1 Voting Period”) subject to the terms and conditions herein. Limit one (1) vote per person during the Round 1 Voting Period. The public will be asked to select his/her favorite entry for the 3 category winners (round two), choosing their favorite to determine one grand prize winner beginning on or about December 1st, 2022 at 12:01 a.m. Central Time and ending on or about December 16th, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. Central Time (the “Round 2 Voting Period”) subject to the terms and conditions herein. Limit one (1) vote per person during the Round 2 Voting Period. Votes must be entered manually. Entrants are prohibited from obtaining votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, paying for votes, offering sweepstakes/contest entries, awards or other inducements or any kind of consideration to persons in exchange for votes, or as determined by RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC (“Sponsor”) in its sole discretion. Votes generated by script, macro or other automated means or which subvert or impair the integrity of the voting process, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will be void. Any attempt by Entrant and/or his/her family/friends or any other individual to vote using any fraudulent mechanism, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, shall give Sponsor the right to void the votes in question and/or disqualify the Entrant in its sole discretion. Voting must be completed by the actual person casting the vote. A person may not vote on behalf of another person. Multiple votes by one person will be disqualified. Voters must follow instructions on Site to submit their votes. Sponsor and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, consultants, agents, participating advertising and promotion agencies and suppliers, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and representatives of the foregoing (collectively, “Released Parties”) are not responsible for incorrect/inaccurate voting information. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, votes. Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any vote to be cast or tabulated on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at a website, or any combination thereof or for any other reason, or for any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in voting process or downloading any materials. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE VOTING PROCESS OR THE COMPETITION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, terminate, or suspend the voting or void any vote should a virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, action of Entrant or voter, or other cause corrupt or impair the administration, security, or fairness of the voting. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find to be violating these terms, tampering with the voting process, or acting in an unsportsmanlike or improper manner and void all associated votes. If the voting process is terminated early by Sponsor, Sponsor reserves the right to count the eligible votes among all non-suspect, eligible votes received up to time of cancellation, or not count the votes and simply base the winning entries on the judging criteria outlined in the Contest official rules. The decision of the Sponsor with respect to the tallying of votes, and the invalidation or disqualification of any suspected votes, shall be in its sole discretion and final and binding.