School: Drake University
Expertise: Product testing, cleaning and organization, home decor, beer, wine and cocktails
- Pioneer of Taste of Home's social media shopping team. As a shopping editor focusing on social video, Madi oversees the social commerce strategy and films product reviews for the brand's social channel. Her work can be seen across lifestyle brands including Taste of Home, Reader's Digest and Family Handyman.
- Founding member of the Taste of Home shopping team. To date, Madi has reviewed 100s of products in the home space, including kitchen appliances, cooking gear, cleaning gadgets, furniture and home decor.
- Contributing writer for The Everygirl and Stylecaster
- Over 5 years of experience writing and editing for publications, including two years on the Taste of Home shopping team reviewing products and optimizing content.
- Former roles include: product reviews editor, home; associate shopping editor, Taste of Home; editorial assistant, YPulse; social media specialist, Cosmos Corporation; and editorial apprentice, Better Homes & Gardens
Madi is a shopping editor for Taste of Home and is an expert at curating the internet’s best gifts, kitchen appliances, cleaning gear and viral home buys. She’s constantly testing products for "best" lists, I Tried It reviews and gift guides, along with internet-made-me-buy-it home goods. If there’s a viral product taking the internet by storm, you can count on Madi to give an honest review. Madi's love for magazine journalism began at Drake University where she served as Editor-in-Chief of her school's Pacemaker-award winning magazine, Drake Mag. Since 2017, Madi's home expertise has appeared in Better Homes & Gardens, Taste of Home, Reader’s Digest, Family Handyman and Birds Blooms. Madi is also a contributing writer for The Everygirl and Stylecaster. When she’s not decorating her apartment, you can find her reviewing her favorite home and kitchen finds on Taste of Home’s Instagram.
Drake University, bachelor's degree in magazine media journalism
Birds & Blooms Editorial Policies
For nearly 30 years, Birds & Blooms, a Trusted Media Brand, has been inspiring readers to have a lifelong love of birding, gardening and nature. We are the #1 bird and garden magazine in North America and a trusted online resource for over 15 million outdoor enthusiasts annually. Our library of thousands of informative articles and how-tos has been written by trusted journalists and fact-checked by bird and garden experts for accuracy. In addition to our staff of experienced gardeners and bird-watchers, we hire individuals who have years of education and hands-on experience with birding, bird feeding, gardening, butterflies, bugs and more. Learn more about Birds & Blooms, our field editor program, and our submission guidelines.