School: Arcadia University, 2001
Expertise: Gardening, trees, shrubs, environment
- Eva Monheim has over 40 years in the horticulture industry teaching 18 different subjects at Temple University (12.5 years), Delaware Valley University (5 years), at the Barnes Arboretum at St. Joseph's University (3 years). She currently teaches at Longwood Gardens in their Professional Horticulture Program (14 years).
- Award winning educator through Colleges and Universities, ISA Certified Arborist (16 years)
- Assistant professor, won grants and numerous awards for Outstanding Student Advising (12 Years)
- Author of Shrubs & Hedges - nominated by The Council on Botanical & Horticultural Libraries for outstanding contributions to the literature of horticulture
- Author of over 150 articles
- Editor 400 page SOP for American Battle Monuments Commission for maintaining green spaces of cemeteries and memorials world-wide
- Wrote numerous woody plant manuals for Longwood Gardens
- Author of a gardening column in The Philadelphia Inquirer
- Delivered hundreds of lectures around the country and in England on horticultural topics
- Co-host, director, and producer of the award winning The Plant a Trillion Trees Podcast beginning its fourth season, 130 episodes
Eva Monheim is a horticultural and environmental consultant, garden coach, and an award winning educator. She is a faculty member at Longwood Gardens for the Professional Horticulture Program and Continuing Education Department where she teaches Woody Plants and related subjects. Monheim’s newest endeavors are the award winning The Plant a Trillion Trees Podcast. She is the author of Shrubs & Hedges: Discover, Grow, and Care for the World’s Most Popular Plants, which was nominated by The Council on Botanical & Horticultural Libraries for outstanding contributions to the literature of horticulture. She is co-principal of Verdant Earth Educators, LLC (VEE) a company that trains professionals and consumers in the green industry.
- Arcadia University, master of arts in English
- Penn State University, bachelor's degrees in horticulture and art
- Post graduate work in horticulture at the University of Reading, England
Birds & Blooms Editorial Policies
For nearly 30 years, Birds & Blooms, a Trusted Media Brand, has been inspiring readers to have a lifelong love of birding, gardening and nature. We are the #1 bird and garden magazine in North America and a trusted online resource for over 15 million outdoor enthusiasts annually. Our library of thousands of informative articles and how-tos has been written by trusted journalists and fact-checked by bird and garden experts for accuracy. In addition to our staff of experienced gardeners and bird-watchers, we hire individuals who have years of education and hands-on experience with birding, bird feeding, gardening, butterflies, bugs and more. Learn more about Birds & Blooms, our field editor program, and our submission guidelines.