E-Book Gifts for Birders and Gardeners
Even if you really waited until the last minute this year, it's still not too late to purchase e-book gifts for birders and gardeners on your list.
Christmas is tomorrow, but there’s no need to panic! E-books can be purchased and made available for your recipient immediately, so you still have time to pick out personalized gifts for birders and gardeners before the big day. Here are my recommendations:
E-Book Gifts for Birders
- The Thing with Feathers: The Surprising Lives of Birds and What They Reveal About Being Human (Noah Stryker) – Bird-watchers often see small details of birds’ lives that seem astonishing in their humanity. Learn more about why birds do the things they do, and how they affect us.
- Bird Sense: What It’s Like to Be a Bird (Tim Birdkead) – Who hasn’t dreamed of flying like a bird? This book details how birds sense the world around them as they fly, sing, eat, and explore the world around them.
- Ten Thousand Birds: Ornithology since Darwin (Birkhead, Wimpenny, Montgomerie) – This immense book explores the ornithologists who’ve studied birds for the last 150 years, changing our understanding of these wonderful creatures.
E-Book Gifts for Gardeners
- The Big, Bad Book of Botany: The World’s Most Fascinating Flora (Michael Largo) – An alphabetical book of amazing plants, including a prehistoric plant that “walked” and the fascinating history of cultivated vegetables.
- A Garden of Marvels: How We Discovered that Flowers Have Sex, Leaves Eat Air, and Other Secrets of Plants (Ruth Kassinger) – Inspired by her personal experiences in gardening, author Kassinger relates the stories of the first botanists to learn the secrets of how plants function.
- Virgins, Weeders and Queens: A History of Women in the Garden (Twigs Way) – For those who love history as much as their gardens, this book traces the history of women and their gardens through the centuries.