Welcome Fall With a Whimsical Owl Wreath
Decorate for fall and show your love of birds. An owl wreath on your front door will give guests something to hoot about.
Whooo’s that at the front door? Here’s how to make a whimsical and decorative owl wreath that will welcome your guests throughout the autumn season. This DIY fall door decor project is easy to make with a handful of simple craft materials.
Psst—if you love owls, here’s how to make a super cute, no-carve owl pumpkin.
Owl Wreath Materials
- Jute place mat, sized to fit inside wreath form
- Grapevine wreath
- Wood slices, various sizes
- 2 canning jar rings
- 2 metal washers
- Small craft feather picks
- Tree bark pieces
- Hot glue gun
Owl Wreath Directions
- Hot-glue jute place mat on backside of grapevine wreath.
- Hot-glue 2 large wood slices at top of wreath for eyes. Add detail in layers by gluing on canning rings, washers and then smaller wood slices.
- Hot-glue craft feather picks for eyebrows. Make wings by layering and gluing pieces of bark and any additional craft picks.
Decorating tip: While this charming birdy wreath will look amazing on your front door, you could also hang it inside, such as above a mantel, and surround the wreath with small pumpkins, gourds, fall leaves and more seasonal decor.
Next, check out 25 easy fall decor ideas to make your home cozy.