Mini Message Vases for Valentine’s Day
After my wearable vases project from earlier this week, I had a bunch of little brown bottles left over and
After my wearable vases project from earlier this week, I had a bunch of little brown bottles left over and decided to try doing something different with them. This second project idea is as easy as the first, and is a great gift for moms, grandmothers, teachers, friends, and co-workers this Valentine’s Day, since you can send a personalized message depending on the letters and/or words you use.
What You Need:
- Miniature bottles (see this post for more info)
- Heavy-gauge jewelry wire (I used 24-gauge)
- Letter stickers (I got mine in the scrapbooking section)
- Wire snips and half-round jewelry pliers
What You Do:
- You’ll need one mini-bottle for each letter of your message. Need ideas? Try “Love”, “Mom”, “Friend”, or the person’s name or initials. You’re limited only by the number of bottles you want to wire together!
- Cut two lengths of wire about 20 inches long. This is much more than you’ll need, most likely, but you don’t want to run out in the middle. Twist the two ends together for about 5 twists or so, then put the first bottle between the wires.
- Twist the wire again until the second bottle can sit flush to the first (my small bottles needed 3 – 4 twists). Continue with each bottle.
- When you reach the end, twist the wire closed tightly and snip any excess.
- Wrap the twisted ends into loops against the bottles as shown above, so no sharp edges are sticking out.
- Add the letter stickers to each bottle, working carefully to keep them level.
For interesting ways to display the vases, you could glue magnets to the back for a refrigerator, or use suction cups for a window. You could also string ribbon through the loops and hang the vases. What other ideas do you have? Share them in the comments below!