Flower Pot Necklace Craft
Longing for spring? Whip up this easy DIY flower pot necklace craft and take pretty blooms with you wherever you go.
What better way to declare your love of gardening than wearing a tiny flower pot necklace around your neck? This craft is easy and fun, and would make a great gift for Valentine’s Day. You’ll find the tiny pots and flowers in the miniatures or dollhouse section of your craft and hobby store.
Flower Pot Necklace Craft Materials
- Mini flower pot
- Jewelry bail
- Dried moss
- Mini dried flowers
- Needle nose pliers
Flower Pot Necklace Craft Instructions
- Use the needle nose pliers to bend the jewelry bail to fit the inside curve of the flower pot as shown. Glue the bail in place.
- Cut a tiny piece of Styrofoam to fit inside the pot. Glue it in place. The foam should not extend beyond the top of the pot; it’s just there to provide a surface to glue the moss and flowers to.
- Spread some glue on the top of the foam and press a small amount of moss into place as shown.
- Trim the stems of the flowers to about .5 inches. Gently press them into place, through the moss into the Styrofoam. Add a little extra glue to hold them in place if needed.
- Thread a chain or ribbon through the bail and you’re through!
Tip: This craft is endlessly customizable. Decorate the pot with paint, washi tape, adhesive gems, or anything else that strikes your fancy!