Decorate Adorable Flower Pot Easter Eggs
Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links.
Display your Easter eggs in mini flower pots with flower petal accents for a charming presentation at the holiday table.
Looking for a unique way to display your Easter eggs this year? Show them off in a pretty garden, complete with flowerpots and ladybugs! This charming egg display is easy to assemble and sure to draw admiring “oohs” and “aahs” from your Easter guests.
This project uses a food-safe pearly spray to add a sparkly sheen to your eggs. It’s optional, but it does make your Easter eggs seem egg-stra special!
- Hard boiled eggs
- Egg carton
- Egg dye kit of your choice
- Wilton Color Mist Food Spray, Pearl
- Silk flower pieces*
- 2″ terra cotta clay pots
- Glass pie plate
- Dried moss
- Adhesive ladybugs
*Look in the floral section of your craft store for silk flower pieces like the ones shown. If you can’t find them, buy some simple silk flowers instead and take them apart, discarding the stems and stamens.
Color the Eggs
- Follow the directions on your egg dye kit to color your eggs. Allow them to dry completely.
- Set the eggs upright in the egg carton and spray the tops with the color mist spray. This adds a food-safe pretty pearl finish to the eggs. Allow to dry.
Prepare the Flower Pots
- Separate several layers of flower petals and cut small slits to make the center openings bigger.
- Lay the petals on the top of a pot opening, and gently nestle an egg inside. Fluff the petals.
- Add a ladybug sticker to the top of the egg.
- Repeat with the rest of the eggs and pots.
Arrange the Eggs
- Spread moss around the bottom of the pie plate.
- Set the flower pots into the pie plate, and adjust the moss as needed.
Looking for other unique ways to decorate your Easter eggs? Try this washi tape project.