Easy DIY Fall Leaf Jewelry
Bring the seasonal colors with you wherever you go by making this simple fall leaf jewelry.
If the colors of autumn foliage fill your heart with joy, you’ll love wearing this easy DIY jewelry set! You’ll only need a few supplies from the craft store, and even novice jewelry makers will find this project simple. Here’s how to make this fall leaf jewelry.
Fall Leaf Jewelry Supplies
- Fall leaves brads, found in scrapbooking section (I bought these at Michael’s)
- Chain necklace with links large enough to fit the tines of the brads (If you can’t find a ready-made necklace, purchase chain and findings to make your own in the jewelry section)
- Earring backs
- Wire snips
- Small needle nose pliers
Fall Leaf Jewelry Instructions
- Lay out your necklace and determine how many leaves you’ll use. This may vary depending on chain length. I used 16 leaves in alternating colors.
- Snip the tines from one side of each leaf. If you want your leaves all facing the same way, be sure to snip the same tine from each. You can also snip the sides alternately to make your pattern more random.
- Using the photo as a guide, slide the remaining tine of one leaf through a link in the chain. Fold the tine over and press flat with needle nose pliers.
- Repeat with the remaining leaves.
- You’ll be using the tines of the brads to attach the leaves to each other. Use the picture as a guide to help you.
- With the leaves facing away from you, snip the left tine from the orange leaf. Snip the right tine from the red leaf. Snip both tines from the yellow leaf.
- Fold the remaining tine of the orange leaf across the back of the leaf across the middle. Then, turn the tine down 90 degrees at about 1/8 inch from the side. (See the photo for help.) Use the needle nose pliers to flatten the folds.
- Repeat this step with the red leaf, on the opposite side.
- Use a small dab of glue to attach the red leaf to orange tine as shown. Attach the yellow leaf to the red tine. Make any adjustments you need to quickly before the glue dries.
- Attach the earring back to the orange leaf using a small dab of glue.
- Repeat for the other earring, in reverse. (Snip the right tine from the orange leaf and the left tine from the red leaf.)
TIP: If you prefer smaller earrings, simply glue an earring back to the back of one leaf after snipping both tines off.