DIY Bead Flowers Pot Stakes
Dress up your potted plants with DIY bead flowers on stakes. Choose beads and embellishments to match your style!
Looking for an easy Mother’s Day craft that older kids can help create? Try these easy beaded flowers that are perfect for potted plants.
DIY Bead Flowers Pot Stakes Materials
- Small beads in color(s) of your choice
- Button or larger bead for center embellishment
- Floral wire
- Floral stem wire
- Wire cutters
- Green electrical tape
DIY Bead Flowers Pot Stakes Instructions
- Cut a piece of floral wire about 24 inches long.
- String beads onto the wire and loop around as shown to make the first “petal”. (The amount of beads you’ll use depend on the size of the beads and the size of the petals you want to create. For the larger petals, I used about 30 beads. For the smaller petals, about 24 beads.) Twist at the base of the petal to hold.
- Make additional petals the same way, twisting the wire as needed around the other petals to obtain the shape you like. You’ll have to experiment a little to see what works for you.
- Finish the sixth petal and twist the wire ends so they are both on the same side of the flower.
- (Optional) If you want to make a double-layer flower, complete this process again with a new piece of wire. Stack the two layers on top of each other, pushing the wire ends from the top layer through the bottom flower so all wire ends are together.
- Cut a small piece of wire (about 3 inches) and feed it through the button (or large bead) from the top. Push the wire ends down through the flower layer(s) so all wire ends are together. Trim wire ends to about 1.5 inches.
- Wrap wire ends around the end of a piece of stem wire and secure with green electrical tape. Trim stem wire to desired length.
- Tweak the flower petals to your desired shape. You can bend them into points, or turn them in different directions. Be creative!