Expertise: Birding, Gardening, Butterflies and Bugs, Outdoor Lifestyle, Backyard Wildlife
- Author of Nature Guide to Glacier and Waterton Lakes National Parks and Found Photos of Yellowstone: Yellowstone's History in Tourist and Employee Photos.
- Board member of the Upper Missouri Breaks Audubon, and hike leader for the Montana State Audubon Conference.
- Writes for The Farmers' Almanac, Hobby Farms, Horticulture, Rock & Gem, Montana Outdoors, Roadtrippers, Distinctly Montana, and Raised in the West.
- She is an active member and board member of the Outdoor Writers Association of America, and has won or placed in the five years she's entered their Excellence in Craft contest for her magazine articles.
- "Pest Patrol" expert for Plantersplace.com writing blog posts, as well as creating podcast and video content.
Working for a decade as a sound recordist on natural history programs for National Geographic Television gave freelance writer and author Amy Grisak a deep appreciation for the bird sounds heard throughout the season. Combining this work with decades of gardening experience, which is another one of her favorite writing topics, birds are part of nearly everything she does. Whether she is working in her backyard or hiking the trails of her Montana home, she loves sharing her birding experience with readers.
Birds & Blooms Editorial Policies
For nearly 30 years, Birds & Blooms, a Trusted Media Brand, has been inspiring readers to have a lifelong love of birding, gardening and nature. We are the #1 bird and garden magazine in North America and a trusted online resource for over 15 million outdoor enthusiasts annually. Our library of thousands of informative articles and how-tos has been written by trusted journalists and fact-checked by bird and garden experts for accuracy. In addition to our staff of experienced gardeners and bird-watchers, we hire individuals who have years of education and hands-on experience with birding, bird feeding, gardening, butterflies, bugs and more. Learn more about Birds & Blooms, our field editor program, and our submission guidelines.