- Most moms can expect to receive flowers for Mother’s Day. 66% of them, in fact, according to the National Retail Federation.
- In Hawaii, May Day is also known as Lei Day when a variety of leis are made and exchanged. Each of Hawaii’s nine islands has its own official lei.
- An estimated one million trees were planted in Nebraska on April 10, 1872: the first Arbor Day celebrated in the U.S.
- Growers along the California and Oregon border produce 12 million Easter lilies a year for Easter. This area is known as the Easter lily capital of the world.
- More than 1 billion people participate in Earth Day every April, from planting trees and flowers to building birdhouses and picking up litter.
- This year marks the seventh annual National Public Gardens Day. Botanical gardens nationwide organize special events and activities, including free admission.
- Before Memorial Day was declared the official name in 1967, this holiday was also known as Decoration Day due to all the flowers placed on soldiers’ graves.
Sandy LeMay (B&B reader)
oh dear you haven't activated/installed rd-newsletter-teaser