Your Smile and Your Scripture for July 16 from NN8

Home Forums Backyard Chat General Your Smile and Your Scripture for July 16 from NN8

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Nickle98 Nickle98 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Your Smile:  A naughty little boy was made to stand in the corner during Sunday School, one Sunday.  After awhile he approached the Teacher, and told her that he had thought things over and had asked God for help.  “Well, that was wise of you!” said the Teacher.  “I’m sure God has heard your prayer and will help you to stop misbehaving.”  “Oh, I didn’t ask him to help me,” replied the boy.  “I asked God to help you put up with me!”

Your Scripture (Living Bible)  Psalms 34: 18-22  The Lord is close to those whose hearts are breaking; he rescues those who are humbly sorry for their sins.  The good man does not escape all troubles – - he has them too.  But the Lord helps him in each and every one.  God even protects him from accidents.  Calamity will surely overtake the wicked; heavy penalties are meted out to those who hate the good.  But as for those who serve the Lord, he will redeem them; everyone who takes refuge in him will be freely pardoned.

#5264540 Report Abuse
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    Participant

Good Morning Cliff.  How are you feeling today?

photo signature_1.gif

#5264552 Report Abuse
    Redbeard
    Redbeard
    Participant

Good Morning Brother Cliff…Hope you are feeling better…Have a Blessed day..:-)>

#5264556 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Fishseddy, I’m feeling quite good.  Each day is a bit better, even.  NO pains again, though I got a RX for pain pills just in case.  Going to my fam. doc. this a.m. for a follow up.

#5264560 Report Abuse
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    Participant

That’s good to hear, and remember take it easy and don’t overdo.

photo signature_1.gif

#5264604 Report Abuse

Maurmaur_westcolo
    Participant

Glad you are feeling better, praying it continues.  Have a Blessed day.

#5264628 Report Abuse

jaguae
    Participant

Good morning….

#5264639 Report Abuse

tealbirdIA_Z4
    Participant

Praying you get good news and helpful things and ideas from your Dr. This AM.

Interesting prayer from the corner.  Guess that would have been a good prayer for me when I had to stand in the corner.  When I asked my mother why the teacher expected to do the 100 math facts in 5 min – I had no clue – so I stood in the corner, Why? I hadn’t learned that math.

Did I remember reading with the 3rd grade girl and 4th grade boy? Yes. She told me my sister had taught me to read – so that teacher thought I was smart enough to do their math. When they did that 5 min test I was to do it too. Bummer another trip to the corner – but she wasn’t the teacher that next year!!! PTL for that!

The interesting parts of attending a one room school house that first year.  a 3rd, 4th, 2-5th-2-6th -2-8th – So I was the little one – and only one that age.

I loved to make faces and must have been disrupting the other students. The teacher stood me in front of that 7-10 mirror – above the wash stand where we washed our hands.

She thought if she made make faces at myself – I would get it out of my system. Wrong – That is where I practiced my faces at home. That was so much better than the corner and I remember it with delight.

Bet the other students were in a good mood when I finished – but I only remember me.   This would have been in 1941.

I survived!   But I needed to pray that she could put up with me!

Thanks for that memory reminder, Cliff!

Alma

<*)~// Tealbird

#5264714 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Hello!  I’m back from the fam. doctor and no changes yet in my meds.  I’m on two iron tablets a day and he told me to stop taking them when my supply runs out….and they’d watch my hemoglobin count after about 6 weeks after I quit them.  He wants to be sure my ‘count’ stays up.  I’ll be getting a referral to the doctor who does surgery on cysts ….that I went to earlier this year and since I couldn’t have surgery till Sept., he put off doing anything till nearer then.  What with the pain I went through recently with it, I’m sure that now he’ll set me up for ‘fixing’ it later.  My fam. doctor is very happy with my diabetis control; my weight and had little more to add to all the other doctor’s had decided was wrong with me at the hospital.  I’ve been going to him for years and the many other doctor’s at the hospital think VERY, VERY highly of him too!  Guess I’ll keep him awhile yet.  We get along good, too, as well as his staff who know me well for the many years I took care of my DW and went to him.  We all get along well and on a first name basis, too.  Just thought I’d give you all an update!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.