Your Smile and Your Scripture for Aug 22 from NN8

Home Forums Backyard Chat General Your Smile and Your Scripture for Aug 22 from NN8

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  tealbirdIA_Z4 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Your Smile: One Sunday morning a Police Motorcycle Officer pulled over a car for speeding.  As he was preparing the ticket, several cars passed and honked their horns and the passengers waved at them.  After the NINTH such response, the officer asked the driver what was going on?  He replied, “I am the Pastor of the church just up ahead.  That’s where I was going and I am late, so I was going a bit too fast.  Those who have honked their horns are members of my congregation and they recognized me.”  The officer smiled and tore up the ticket  “I think you’ve paid your debt to Society!” he said.

Your Scripture (NIV) Isaiah 55: 1- 3   “Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money come, buy and eat!  Come buy wine and milk without money and without cost.  Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy?  Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and your soul will delight in the richest of fare.  Give ear and come to me; hear me, that your soul may live.  I will make an everlasting covenant with you; my faithful love promised to David.

#5276392 Report Abuse
    Redbeard
    Redbeard
    Participant

Good Morning Brother Cliff and Friends who follow…Hope you are well and have a Blessed Day…..:-)>

#5276393 Report Abuse
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    Participant

Good Morning Cliff.

photo signature_1.gif

#5276396 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Good morning Brother Red and fishseddy….as well as all the other BYC friend’s who join us here today.  May you all have a Blessed Day.  Today is a ‘pre-op’ appointment before my surgery for a cyst on my liver, on 9/2.

#5276417 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Good morning!  Praying about tha t operation!

#5276427 Report Abuse

jaguae
    Participant

Good morning…

#5276468 Report Abuse

tealbirdIA_Z4
    Participant

Good morning.  Hope the session goes well. And the surgery, too. Prayers continue. Alma

<*)~// Tealbird

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.