"You Won't Believe it's Not Potato Salad" made with Soda Crackers????

Home Forums Backyard Chat Food "You Won't Believe it's Not Potato Salad" made with Soda Crackers????

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  OhioLilacLady 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

joan1___Alabama
    Participant

Has anyone ever heard of this, or made it?      

”you won’t believe it’s not Potato Salad”

45 Soda Crackers

3 or 4 Boiled eggs

1/4 Cup minced onion 

1/4 Cup Chopped Celery

1/4 Cup chopped olives

1/4 C. Chopped sweet pickle

1 Cup Mayonnaise.                                                                                                                                       Mix all ingredients, and let set 1 hour so flavors mix.   Serve.  

Can’t decide if I want to try it or not.   Hate to waste time and ingredients, if it isn’t good.

#5269513 Report Abuse
    Lizzie
    Lizzie
    Participant

uh, somehow that makes me want to gag

#5269514 Report Abuse

OhioLilacLady
    Participant

I don t know, Joan ~~~ Maybe someone will be brave enough to try it and let us know … LOL !!!

I DO remember my mom making Mock Apple Pie with Ritz (I think it was) crackers and it was really good !!!

Who woulda thunk ???? 

Marilyn

#5269542 Report Abuse

joan1___Alabama
    Participant

Thanks Marilyn.  Yes, the “mock Apple pie” made with Ritz crackers are good.  Also, there is an Amish Chocolate Fudge recipe that calls uses soda crackers.  I haven’t tried the fudge recipe, but if the Amish put their name on it then it must be good!     

I may make up about a Half recipe….just to check it out.  If  I do, I’ll let you post to let us know if it is good or not.

#5271959 Report Abuse
    skippydel13
    skippydel13
    Participant

Since I love mayo and I always crumble crackers in my salad anyway, I think it would be good. Not sure if it would be like potato salad but sounds interesting to me.

Deloris

http://tinyurl.com/qzp8cls

#5272448 Report Abuse

OhioLilacLady
    Participant

Has noone been brave enough to try this recipe yet ?  Hmmmm ….

#5272791 Report Abuse
    dena1123
    dena1123
    Participant

Just checked back because I was curious to see any reports back on this recipe too.

#5282781 Report Abuse

OhioLilacLady
    Participant

Guess noone has braved trying this recipe …. LOL !!!  Marilyn

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.