Woo Hoo!

Home Forums Birding General Bird Q&As Woo Hoo!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Brian J Brian J 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dena1123
    dena1123
    Participant

I hope this is a sure sign Spring is around the corner….  Birds are now in full force at the feeder at 7:15AM instead of the 8AM time frame.  Made my very Snowy Day!

#5105810 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

Neato! I noticed more this morning but I figured they were out ahead of the storm.

A red-bellied woodpecker rewarded me at the feeder this morning.

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

#5105811 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Dena, I noticed my birds early at the feeders as well.  Not sure what the change of feeding time indicates, but wishful thinking would lead me to believe spring is, as you said, around the corner.  Makes me wonder what corner….we have several feet of snow on the ground.  Where the snow removal company dumped the snow it’s over 10′.   If only it would not be so bitterly cold, it would melt the snow and ice.  I’m getting the winter blues!

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5106358 Report Abuse

Hiker07_IL_5
    Participant

My yard was full of birds all day but another storm is on it’s way so I figured that was the reason but I’ve heard a few songs from them that sound like their spring songs.

#5106367 Report Abuse
    Brian J
    Brian J
    Participant

Lots of birds at our feeders today, we have around 15 Cardinals, 9 of them are male and they were singing their spring song while we were shoveling 5 inches of snow off of our driveway !!! LOL True story.

Have a wonderful day and feel free to check out more of my photography here,
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/53805123@N05/

• This reply was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by Brian J Brian J.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.