Woman's Day Magazine…

Home Forums Backyard Chat General Woman's Day Magazine…

This topic contains 13 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Posynut_NY_zone4 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Well now I am dealing with them.  I got my daughter in law a subscription a year ago and they keep sending me emails and notices that I need to pay because when I got her the magazine I agreed to keep paying for it unless I canceled it.

Well there is no place on the bills or emails to cancel.  I have to call… so I called…and they got nasty with me, saying well you agreed to pay unless you cancel…. I told them… I AM CANCELING…. geesh… Listen folks.. people don’t want or need to be harassed with emails and mailings…

Ok I feel better now…

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5275932 Report Abuse
    gkids3_il
    gkids3_il
    Participant

Yes Sharon that’s why I no longer get subscriptions to any magazines, there are no notices of renewal any more, you need to cancel if you wish to stop them and then you have to find a phone # or something to try and cancel.    Once in awhile I will look at something at the store, if I like it or want something out of it, I will buy it.  No hassle.  Oh I went back and noticed you said you got a bill.  What I’ve done in the past is write CANCEL SUBSCRIPTION in large letters and returned the bill to them.  I’ve had to repeat it but they eventually get the message.  :)

#5275951 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

They are sneaky when it comes to that anymore.  Just like they automatically renew and use people’s credit cards to do it because they have the # stored in their system.  I won’t subscribe to any that do that either.

I only take the Reiman mags. and not renewing my BandB Extra either.  I have enough others to read already.  Also, Garden Gate I enjoy and Yankee I take and enjoy.  Enough!

#5275953 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Well I thought I had taken care of all the magazines…. guess not… I am letting everything run out.  Not going to get anymore.  I will keep my B&B…and thats it… I keep it because son and daughter in law get them when I am done so they get read….

#5275969 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

I just heard from them, wow that was quick…. they are canceling the magazine … about time… now lets see if we still get notices and emails….

#5275980 Report Abuse

octgal-pa
    Participant

Sharon,

I just went thru something like this.  I had a call from some diabetic suppy co.  I decided the next day to cancel the order but the rep wasn’t at his desk so I left a message with an answering service.  To make s long story short they sent me the supplies. I refused them and sent them back.  They wouldn’t accept them because they were in a different box!!!  I talked to my DIL as she is a lawyers asst.  I called them and told them I would not pay for the items.  They did end up cancelling my order.  But what a time!!!

#5275984 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Wow sorry you had to go through that… and of course they can say that they didn’t get the message. Anything to make money…. or make you pay…. glad you got them sent back.

#5275987 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

I KNOW!!!   Dont do magz’s anymore primarily because of all tgat malarky!

#5276021 Report Abuse
    Lizzie
    Lizzie
    Participant

I got a bill today for Good Housekeeping and my subs doesn’t expire until May 2015 (hitting head on desk).

#5276045 Report Abuse

OhioLilacLady
    Participant

Most of the problems you ladies mentioned are exactly the reason I ONLY subscribe to B and B and B and B Extra .  I also pay by check rather than credit card because I do not like putting my credit card #s in anyones’ automatic system .

Several years ago, a magazine place kept sending my Aunt renewal notices and she would pay them every time until I started taking care of her finances and paying her bills.  (She was in the beginning stages of Dementia but still living on her own.)  By the time she came to live with me and had her mail etc. transferred to my address, I realized how many notifications for this particular magazine she really was getting but I would just throw them in the trash.

When she passed away, I called this company and GOOD GRIEF, she had a PAID subscription for 9 more YEARS !!!!  After much finagaling and growling at them, they did issue a full refund but that is ridiculous to take advantage of the elderly in that way.  Makes me wonder how many others they do/have done it to. 

Marilyn

#5276046 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Marilyn, I know many people who have done that… keep paying with each invoice they get sent.  My neighbor lady kept sending people money… every time she would get a set of cards or labels from someone she would send them what the invoice had checked on the bill that came with it.. Like if it said donate $25 that is what she would send.  Her daughter finally had to stop it… stop all her mail and held it from her. She was giving away all her money. Poor lady didn’t understand… and that is how many of these magazine companies work too… it is sad..

#5276049 Report Abuse
    shortbreadlover
    shortbreadlover
    Participant

when ever i pay for a magazine, i send a money order.  it is a pain to get them but i never give them my credit card number or check.  they try to set up auto payments.  ugh

now the cable company comcast adds a promotion to the bill and doesn’t charge you but when the promo runs out, your bill goes up.

i hate dealing with any company. they are all alike.

#5276181 Report Abuse
    carross
    carross
    Participant

I had the same problem with Womans Day, took me awhile to get it canceled.  I would send back the invoice with cancel please on it, that didn’t work.  I finally found a phone number and got ahold of customer service, talked with a nice young man, that was the end.  I only get B&B and gardening how to.  I don’t have time to read, in the winter I go to the library.  I do think its a racket now.  Should be some place we can report it.

Carol

#5276243 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

I keep getting notices from all the Reiman magazines to renew ahead of time for this and that great additional issues for a low price.  I am not doing that.  I renew 1 year (6 issues) at a time and that is it.  How do I know where I will be 2 or 3 years down the road and have all these magazine issues for someone to cancel.  I am not tieing my money up that far ahead for magazines.  I write a check for my magazines.  This week I had 2 mag. notices for renewals and they aren’t up till Dec. and some in Jan.  They can keep sending and wasting their paper and postage if they don’t know any better.  And, then they send me notices to take the magazines I no longer take…Reminisce and B and B extra.

After awhile it gets old.  They do it to try and get their renewals ahead so they can figure their budgets for upcoming year(s).

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.