Wilderness – advice needed

Home Forums Gardening Veggie Gardening Wilderness – advice needed

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by skippydel13zone6KY skippydel13zone6KY 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    steepdrive
    steepdrive
    Participant

My tomato seedlings have just been repotted today into individual cow pots and given their first fertilizer.  I’m noticing the leaves a tad yellow before I did this.  Wasn’t there a spray mixture you told me about that helps green them up?  Was it epsom salt mixture?  I’m drawing a blank.

photo signature_1.gif

#5135123 Report Abuse
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

Steep yes 1 T Epsom Salts to 1 gallon of water.  The Magnesium should green them up in a few days.  Mine even in the greenhouse are looking the same way.  It is on the list to do.

photo signature_3.gif

Community Team Member wildernessny@gmail.com

#5135358 Report Abuse
    steepdrive
    steepdrive
    Participant

Thank you Wilderness.  I had a milk just just about empty so used it to make that mixture this morning.  Sprayed the tomatoes and the pepper seedlings both.  I hope it works.

photo signature_1.gif

#5135480 Report Abuse
    dena1123
    dena1123
    Participant

Good to know!  Epsom Salts sure does wonders for a lot of things.  I always have that and Borax on hand for many of their great uses.  My Grandmother would be proud of me!

#5135559 Report Abuse
    growingranny_va_z7
    growingranny_va_z7
    Participant

I plant my tomatoes and peppers with a mixture of powdered milk and epsom salts. Prevents blossom end rot too.

Find more about Weather in Dutton, VA

#5135573 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

I hope I feel better from my allergies and cold, so tomorrow will mix the ES with W for all my potted plants…I notice some yellowing….

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

#5136404 Report Abuse
    steepdrive
    steepdrive
    Participant

I’m seeing a bit of improvement.  The newest growth on the tomatoes is green but leaves that turned yellow are not changing back to green.

photo signature_1.gif

#5136405 Report Abuse
    skippydel13zone6KY
    skippydel13zone6KY
    Participant

My bottom leaves usually yellow and I pinch them off cause I bury them deeper each time I transplant. Did they get dry? I noticed if mine get dry from neglect from me LOL they’ll yellow. I had some that were a foot tall last year that I stripped every leaf except the top ones off. Figured it was just sucking the life out of it trying to repair those leaves.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.