Why is it necessary …

Home Forums Backyard Chat Community Help Why is it necessary …

This topic contains 23 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by GiddeyUp GiddeyUp 8 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    GiddeyUp
    GiddeyUp
    Blocked

… for “This post has been modified,” to be posted when U Edit a post or a reply?
    I like to have proper spelling, format and separated paragraphs, bold, etc., and when I go back to Edit my reply to correct those mistakes, it is posted …
    This reply was modified 14 hours, 28 minutes ago by GiddeyUp.
    This reply was modified 14 hours, 28 minutes ago by GiddeyUp.
    This reply was modified 14 hours, 26 minutes ago by GiddeyUp.
    This reply was modified 14 hours, 16 minutes ago by GiddeyUp.
    This reply was modified 12 hours, 48 minutes ago by GiddeyUp
    Is there any logical reason for this when it seems more usable features like a Quote or a Font button could be included?

photo 2.gif

• This topic was modified 9 months ago by GiddeyUp GiddeyUp.
    #4838092 Report Abuse
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

Giddey, just figured it out.  When you edit at the bottom just about options there is a tick box there that say log this edit.  If you uncheck that there won’t be any editings listed at the bottom of your reply.  I do need to do it each time you edit.

photo signature_3.gif

Community Team Member wildernessny@gmail.com

#4838446 Report Abuse
    GiddeyUp
    GiddeyUp
    Blocked

ThankU Bette, I guess I’ll get used to it all after a while … :)
    Have U figured out the re-sizing in the Reply box … I’ll check the other post …

………………. 

photo 2.gif

#4838452 Report Abuse

surferdude_FL
    Participant

Wilderness…..You’re right, it’s  simple solution to what we’ve all  been overlooking on edits :oops: I tried what you said on a post I made on another topic, it worked. Now to try it here.

Terry

This is a edit

This is another  edit, no history of it. Now we know how to eliminate a log of a edit, good job Wilderness :-)   We need to give the Staff a at-a-boy when they solve problems that we can’t figure out  :grin:

#4838459 Report Abuse
    Kathy
    Kathy
    Participant

I wish there was a quote since I and others used that feature quite a bit. I have played around with the quotation marks they have now in the tab above but it doesn’t seem to be working.

Kathy zone4

Find more about Weather in Sioux Falls, SD

#4838521 Report Abuse
    GiddeyUp
    GiddeyUp
    Blocked

Yeah Kathy, that Quote button on the old site was really handy and it would be good if we had one here showing to whom we are replying …
    I have been copying and pasting and creating my own “quote box,” but that’s a real pain …

photo 2.gif

#4838529 Report Abuse
    sstetzel
    sstetzel
    Participant

I wish there was a quote since I and others used that feature quite a bit.

If you paste the words you want to quote, highlight them and hit the quote button on the toolbar (looks like “) – it will set them off like I just did.

Sue Stetzel
    Community Manager
    Taste of Home Magazine

#4838603 Report Abuse
    sstetzel
    sstetzel
    Participant

Well it worked for me once,  now it’s being fussy! LOL

Sue Stetzel
    Community Manager
    Taste of Home Magazine

#4838609 Report Abuse
    GiddeyUp
    GiddeyUp
    Blocked

[quote surferdude] … “This is another edit, no history of it. Now we know how to eliminate a log of a edit, good job Wilderness We need to give the Staff a at-a-boy when they solve problems that we can’t figure out.”[/quote]

Lol Terry, U are posting U’r own “edits”

photo 2.gif

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by GiddeyUp GiddeyUp.
    • This reply was modified 9 months ago by Jill Staake Jill Staake.
    #4838630 Report Abuse
    GiddeyUp
    GiddeyUp
    Blocked

I can’t get that quote button to work, Stetz … it says quote blocked

photo 2.gif

#4838748 Report Abuse

surferdude_FL
    Participant

Kathy….When I make a quote, I put Quote at the beginning and Unquote at the end of a subject  that I’m quoting   :idea:   It would be nice to have the printed quote appear  by the click of the mouse instead of having to type the whole subject line being quoted. Changes take time, I’ll sit back and relax, wait, for more features to be brought back here  :arrow:

Terry

#4838927 Report Abuse

surferdude_FL
    Participant

GiddyUp…I was showing others that I made  edits and there was no  edit history recorded by the B&B system, without my saying that I had made edits others wouldn’t have known  that  I made them……the “keep a log of this edit”  box needs to be unchecked. Most of us here want to learn,  most of us are sharing solutions with members without being childish  :lol:

Terry

#4839474 Report Abuse
    GiddeyUp
    GiddeyUp
    Blocked

[quote surferdude] … GiddyUp…I was showing others that I made edits and there was no edit history recorded by the B&B system, without my saying that I had made edits others wouldn’t have known that I made them……the “keep a log of this edit” box needs to be unchecked. Most of us here want to learn, most of us are sharing solutions with members without being childish.[/quote]
    . Terry, I guess U didn’t comprehend Bette’s response where she explained about the Edit button, (tick box), but U replied to it.  
    [quote wilderness_NY_Z4] … Giddey, just figured it out. When you edit at the bottom just about options there is a tick box there that say log this edit. If you uncheck that there won’t be any editings listed at the bottom of your reply. I do need to do it each time you edit.[/quote]

…………………………….

photo 2.gif

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by Jill Staake Jill Staake.
    #4840028 Report Abuse
    Kathy
    Kathy
    Participant

I’m going to give it a try Sue.

Nope it didn’t work but thanks Sue for trying to help.

Kathy zone4

Find more about Weather in Sioux Falls, SD

#4841229 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

Thanks. I was wondering why sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn’t. On the times it didn’t, I must have been unchecking the box. Then I got lazy and couldn’t figure out why all of a sudden it did show. lol

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by SunshineNY6 SunshineNY6.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.