why did i do that and when will i ever learn?

Home Forums Backyard Chat General why did i do that and when will i ever learn?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by blubird67_oh blubird67_oh 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    shortbreadlover
    shortbreadlover
    Participant

friday night i had that bad rash from the meds. the dr told me to be careful and call or go to the er if i had trouble breathing. well, that scared me so i did not even try to sleep. i sat up and watched the shopping channels.(Inothing else on) and dummy me, i gave in and ordered a spiral veggie slicer so i can make curlie fries and such. i have a french fry cutter and haven’t used in ages but i really had to have this curlie maker. oh well, it was only $20.00 and i will use it but i needed it like a hole in the floor. at least it was not an expensive item. lol

theswe type of gadgets turn up at our local thirft stores all the time.

#5273182 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Turn if off when you get the urge…lololol

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5273197 Report Abuse
    oldgirl06
    oldgirl06
    Participant

My DGD wanted one of those things for Christmas, so I gave her one from Amazon.  She has used hers quite a bit!  It has two thicknesses of curly thingys, and a slicer blade.   Now my DD said she wanted one for her birthday, so I bought another one!  DD wants to use hers for zucchini pasta!

twocats2004@gmail.com

Find more about Weather in Rochester, MN

#5273201 Report Abuse

calgal_NV
    Participant

Those shopping channels prey on the people awake at night. I remember one time I fell asleep with the TV on and woke up at 4:00 am and there was an infomercial on toting some kind of quick cooking oven that sat on the counter top. You could cook a chicken, roast, turkey whatever in mere minutes. Say what? I popped up and started to pay attention. I’m telling you, they were making some good meals in that thing. Forget how much it was, probably 99.99 in 3 easy payments, plus a bunch of utensils thrown in for the same low price of 99.99. In my half-awake stupor, I started to search for the phone and my credit card. I just had to have that! Luckily, I found neither and went to bed.

#5273213 Report Abuse

freesoulbackagain
    Participant

I don’t trust those jewelry shopping shows. I always wonder if the jewelry they’re selling really is what they say it is. The prices make me wonder if the stuff is plated instead of real gold or silver, or if the gems are lab grown instead of natural. Besides that, I never see anything I would like to wear on them. And, how well is it put together? I would be leery about ordering from some of those shows.

#5273278 Report Abuse
    carross
    carross
    Participant

Many, many years ago, I brought a ring from QVC, it is a emerald and I still wear it to this day.  I am thinking about 20 years ago.  It still is in good shape, but I should say, I don’t wear my rings every day.  I don’t wear them when working in the yard or etc.  But it has been wore a amount of time.

Carol

#5273280 Report Abuse
    carross
    carross
    Participant

Should of said, I haven’t brought anything since.  Yes good thing to stay away from.

#5273299 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

I never watch those channels anytime.  But, then I don’t need anything they have anyway.  My cupboards are full of cookware, and kitchen stuff.  I got rid of a lot of stuff when we redid the kitchen.  I don’t do french fries anymore.  The only time we have those is when we order fish fry and they come with ff or curly fries.  Occasionally I bake the frozen Ore Ida ones in the oven.

#5273353 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

I only watch qvc as far as the shopping channels go!  For one thing, I feel I am supporting  good PA corp!  It makes many jobs for ppl not just in PA but other areas like NC.  I just got the new cookware I ordered from qvc.  I never had an entire set of matching cookware before!  I am working on getting it out of the big box it came in.  Akso gives jobs to UPS employees, postal workers, etc!  Now I f igure I will have to read what I need to do for first time using the stuff!  I dont like HSN or the jewelry show.  Dont care for most of Rachel Ray cookware so that is no prob there in being tempted!  Lol!

#5273362 Report Abuse
    Lizzie
    Lizzie
    Participant

oh man, I LOVE QVC–that’s why I don’t watch it!!!  LOL–no will power!

#5273383 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

And tonight is Wed evening on QVC & you know what that means!  Lol!  I can find good bargains searching the qvc website, too!  Good clearance stuff all the time!  A great way to send a gift to someone, too!

#5273429 Report Abuse
    blubird67_oh
    blubird67_oh
    Participant

Talking about on line shopping.  LOL  Guess what, todays special value is on QVC.   the Keurig Coffee Maker.  I have fought buying one, but David just sold me one.  My excuse is I am getting it for my husbands birthday on the 22nd.

Like Lizzie, I love QVC, but I try not to watch it very often, but love everything I have ever ordered.

#5273430 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Good for you, BB!  I think he will just love it!  What color?  I got my Keurig from qvc, too, for myself for my bday in Feb!  My stepmom sent me a nice ck last yr in Dec. I bought a new flat screen tv for myself for Xmas, and then the Keurig coffee maker for myself for my bday!  I usually buy myself 1 “big” type of thing like that for Xmas then for the bday!  Only thing, I wish I had gotten the smaller, personal size Keurig instead of the larger one.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by margba margba.
    #5273917 Report Abuse
    blubird67_oh
    blubird67_oh
    Participant

LOL–I know my husband will love it as he has been wanting one for a couple years.  My son and daughter have them and he just loves the coffee.  So he was so happy when we were sitting here and I said–I’m going to get one of them for you!!  He said, what.  He has been talking about it for an hour now.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.