Where do you put your tv in the downstairs?

Home Forums Backyard Chat General Where do you put your tv in the downstairs?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by oldgirl06 oldgirl06 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    margba
    margba
    Participant

I dont have an upstairs but I keep my tv just on a coffee table like thing!  I wouldnt want to hang my tv on the wall.  I’d be afraid it might fall.  I wouldnt want my tv over a fireplace,  as many place it there.

#5137803 Report Abuse
    Lizzie
    Lizzie
    Participant

Our basement is a finished family room–that is where DH has his “big screen” TV–we do not have one in our living room on our main floor (YAY!).  I have a small one in my bedroom that I hardly ever watch.

#5137807 Report Abuse
    Lizzie
    Lizzie
    Participant

oh, and we live in town and when I walk at night I can see in people’s living rooms and many people have their TVs over their fireplaces–I don’t really like that at all, but we are one of the few people who have a finished basement so I guess they don’t have many other places to put it–I just don’t like it there–I don’t like a TV in the living room–period

#5137830 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Mine is in the livingroom and one in the bedroom.  DS has one in the basement in his room.

I don’t like one in the livingroom either, but no other place to have it.  If it bugs me when I read, I go in the bedroom that doesn’t have a TV in it.  I don’t have a TV room on the main floor and we are in a ranch home and it isn’t all that big either….except when it comes time to clean it!

#5137834 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Dont like it in the living room, either!  I guess a lot of ppl dont have too many places for theirs, especially the big flat screens, want to keep those big, expensive flat screens out of reach from children & pets, too!

#5137840 Report Abuse

Missylynne
    Participant

Ours is in the living room, as our house only has 4 rooms. The basement is not a ‘finished’ basement and is mostly just for storage. I didn’t grow up with a TV in the bedroom, and I really wouldn’t care for one there.

Laurel

#5137856 Report Abuse

OhioLilacLady
    Participant

We have one in the living room (which I hate because DH always has it turned up LOUD) and a small one in DGS bedroom here .

I m not fond of the large ones that hang on walls either as they seem unsafe to me but lots of people have them, I guess.  Sort of a status symbol for some …

Marilyn

#5137863 Report Abuse
    MountainMan
    MountainMan
    Participant

In the family room, we have no basements here in Florida, and we have a ranch style home, no stairs, yay!

When my son was a baby and we were in a motel he was in a crib under the motel TV. All of a sudden I thought I should move the crib he was in so the TV would not wake him up. I went right back to the motel bed after I had moved the crib, and BANG, no sooner had I sat down than the TV went crashing to the floor. No warning whatsoever! If I had not moved the crib when I did our baby son would have been crushed under the motel TV that had hung on the wall above his crib.  It was definitely the hand of God that guided me.

photo CharmBraceletfromTZ_zps73c91e34.gif

#5137868 Report Abuse
    Wendy
    Wendy
    Participant

No TV here. We watch the computer.

#5137915 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

I only have one TV & it is in the LR.  No place else for it.  I had one in the BR at one time but never watched it.

When DH was living we had one in LR & one in BR.  That way we could watch different shows if we wanted.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5137930 Report Abuse
    oldgirl06
    oldgirl06
    Participant

There are 3 TVs in our house.  DH has one and I have 2.   His is upstairs and mine are downstairs.   We do not like the same type of shows!

Mine is a 39 inch in the living room where I spend a good part of my time.  It is on a stand in the corner and at eye level.  I have never understood why anyone would want to have to look up at the ones on the wall.  It would be very uncomfortable for me.  I am usually on my laptop and watch TV at the same time.   My other one is in my bedroom, and is the old type.   It doesn’t have a cable box, so I can’t get the HD channels.  I only use it if I’m sick and need to stay in bed.

Find more about Weather in Rochester, MN

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.