When/how do you decorate for fall?

Home Forums Backyard Chat General When/how do you decorate for fall?

This topic contains 17 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by dysfan dysfan 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Lizzie
    Lizzie
    Participant

I can’t start decorating for fall yet, because to me it’s still summer!  I will wait until next month then start doing my porches and my living room/dining room.  I get rid of all my hanging baskets and porch box plants and replace them with mums, and I have a scarecrow and I get lots of pumpkins and gourds.  This year I think I will do my patio too with a hay bale.  I also have fall flags.  In the house I do my mantle and dining room table.

#5278771 Report Abuse
    Lizzie
    Lizzie
    Participant

I just realized it’s ALMOST next month!

#5278783 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Hi Lizzie… I dumped a couple of my hanging plants this week as they looked so bad.  I got mums last week and got out my pumpkins for in my flower bed.  Thats about it for me… I love the fall look outside… Oh I did get some fall garland to put on the fence.. might do that today… since September starts Monday…ahahahahah

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5278786 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

You guys are ambitious!  I don’t decorate for Fall.  I just have the nature scene whatever that is in the Fall.  At one point in my life I did decorate, but no more.  Used to get pumpkins when the kids were growing up and appreciated the decorated pumpkins.  We have plenty to do getting all the raking of leaves and my flowerbeds cut back, windows washed, etc., to be ready for the winter.

We even decorate less for Christmas anymore than we ever did and got rid of most of the decorations, too.  I guess getting old makes us less ambitious and a lot less work, too.  We just don’t do what we used to.  We are lucky we get lights on the front bushes across the house……….have to cover those with netting to keep deer from eating them all winter long, too.  They have ruined all the arborvitaes in the area here.

#5278791 Report Abuse

gabbygirt_oh
    Participant

The only thing I do  any more is cornstalks with pumpkins on the front stoop

#5278804 Report Abuse
    blubird67_oh
    blubird67_oh
    Participant

I used to love to decorate for all the holidays, and seasons.  Through the years, I do less and less.  Every year,  I want to get back into decorating???  Maybe this year.  I like to put up all kinds of little lights too.  I need to get back in gear.

#5278807 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Just a pumpkin and/or mum or 2.  Sometimes some cornstalks!  Last yr I got some of my neighbor’s cornstalks from his corn patch.  Got to help myself to as much as I wanted!  But not this yr, as he didnt do his garden this yr, sad to say, pkus I moved, anyway!

#5278809 Report Abuse
    Resa_NS
    Resa_NS
    Participant

I used to go all out, I love fall decorations, and this house really lends it’self to the colors,  hay bails mums silk fall leaves & garland, Mr & Mrs scarecrow life size,  Pumpkins, then add scary stuff for Halloween, I used to start mid Sept. I gave most of my decorations away when I cleaned out the basement,

But  the last few years been cutting back, this year my heart is not in it at all, same with Christmas, Don’t know what I will do this year, Bill might not be  here with me for Christmas.:(

#5278820 Report Abuse

jaguae
    Participant

I do love fall—but with age I have cut back on seasonal decorating .

((( Hugs ))) Resa

#5278822 Report Abuse
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    Participant

{{{{Resa}}}}

photo signature_1.gif

#5278836 Report Abuse
    Lizzie
    Lizzie
    Participant

{{{Resa}}}

#5278846 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Hugs to Resa from me, too!  Maybe if you did sone you would feel better!  Jaguae, sorry also about your seasonal decorating, too!  I know how you feel!  Also can add up in the $$ s!  I might try to find a nice fall flag for either the front or my back!

#5278921 Report Abuse
    doobiedoo
    doobiedoo
    Participant

I decorate exactly like you! flags, pumpkins, mums anything fall looking. it is fun, wish the season lasted a little longer. hugs to you resa, didn’t know bill was getting that much worse. saying a prayer for you two. I know its been hard but you are a trooper. my husbands sick right now with that vomiting again, hurt his back a week ago and has been vomiting ever since. he hasn’t eaten since Monday. I am his full time caregiver when hes ill. he just told me tonight he wouldn’t know what to do with out me! shocked me! :)

#5278932 Report Abuse

Hiker07_IL_5
    Participant

I’ve just planted quite a few mums to fill up empty spaces so guess it’s not really Fall decorating, will get a pumpkin or two for my squirrels.

#5278945 Report Abuse

BritchesKs_F_60
    Participant

I got sick of the heat and humidity about a  month ago and put out my fall scarecrow dishes on the country hutch in the kitchen.I have fall leave garland across the top of my deck doors and the hutch too. A couple old pitchers filled with orange, deep orange, yellow and other fall colored silk mums.

I grew my own pumpkins this year so part of them will go out in the flagpole  flower bed with some corn stalks and mums and on the deck I’ll have some pumpkins and mums and scarecrows.  I look so forward to Fall after the hot summer that I love to decorate and enjoy it. We always have lots of company the weekend of Fall festival and spend a lot of time out on the deck visiting.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.