What's Up 7/6

Home Forums Gardening Veggie Gardening What's Up 7/6

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by margba margba 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    steepdrive
    steepdrive
    Participant

Morning.  I got in the veg garden yesterday and sliced off the peas.  I planted a row of beans where they and been and two more hills of yellow squash and the first batch was hit by borers.  The beans are climbers and they were supposed to be bush beans.  I had to set  up a netting for these to grow up.

Tomatoes forming nicely.  I’ve got some good looking peppers doing along too and one little eggplant.  Cukes are flowering but wonder if they will get pollinated. Don’t see many bees.

OFF TOPIC: photos of my walking tour are now on the blog.  Bookmark it so you can stop by for all the installments.  I still can’t believe we made that trip.  I’ve been busy putting together a photo book and must finish it before the 40% off expires on Wednesday.

Have a good Sunday.

photo signature_1.gif

#5261206 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Hi steep!  Sounds like your garden is doing great except for the bore worm!  Hate that!  My cukes are doing great so far!  Have picked 2 good sized ones lately.  I have some small pickling ones coming in fast now & will have to make some pickles now!  I did find a big ol’ worm one one of the cukes I brought in.  Hope it’s not a borer type of worm but I am afraid it may well be!  It is dead now though!  Lol!  I am having some trouble now w/ the little green flies & jb’s after my eggplants & cukes!  The gardener & farmer sure has to do battle w/ so many things in nature that want to eat your gardens or do them in  in many ways!  Hard to fight Ma Nature sometimes!

But cukes, zukes are in & eggplant is doing well.  Gotta get some organic insecticidal soap soon!

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by margba margba.
    #5261235 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Steep, just took a look at your England pics!  I thoroughly enjoyed them!  Looks like you had a great time & took lots of beautiful photos! Especially liked that pic of the senior xing!  Lol!

I am now believing that the cuke bore just hit mine!  Yesterday everything was looking great!  Today, not so!  Boohoo!  Same thing seemed to happen the last couple of yrs to the cucumbers here.  Was hoping it would not happen this yr!  :-(

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.