What's up 7/1

Home Forums Gardening Veggie Gardening What's up 7/1

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by margba margba 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    steepdrive
    steepdrive
    Participant

I’ve got a right hand that resembles a baseball mitt.  I got stung by a wasp hiding in the compost bin yesterday morning.  I’m taking myself to urgent care because the infection is growing down my arm!

Yesterday I had to pull the bolted lettuce, tame the bush beans that resemble pole beans (what’s up with that?), cut back over exuberant Juliette tomatoes and it was at that point putting that tomato limb into the compost bin that it happened.  Ouch!

Glad to hear veggies are ripening up.  I have some green tomatoes, blueberries needing picking, and flowers on squash and cucumbers.  Waiting game mostly and even more so with this bum hand.

photo signature_1.gif

#5159486 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Steep sorry about your hand. Those wasp can put a hurting on you.

My garden is doing pretty well right now. Getting plenty of squash now and hope to find time in the next couple of days to make a squash casserole. The cucumbers are really growing now after we got some rain and hope to have some by the weekend. The green beans are looking great and again by the weekend I should be able to pick beans. Of course theres plenty of weeds growing but they grow even when it don’t rain. Peppers are looking great as well.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

#5159497 Report Abuse

tealbirdIA_Z4
    Participant

Steep – drink lots of water. Prayers to getting it reduced and less pain – just more healing.

.24″ of rain yesterday – town did loose a few branches and 1-2 trees.

Time to get breakfast, dressed and down to bank. Alma

<*)~// Tealbird

#5159524 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

So sorry about your hand, Steep!  Must be awful! I have to get more stakes for the maters!  Eggplant are now beginning to flower!  Should have eggplant fruit soon!

#5259979 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

How is the hand today?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.