Whatcha Cooking from Your Garden Tonight?

Home Forums Gardening Veggie Gardening Whatcha Cooking from Your Garden Tonight?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by steepdrive steepdrive 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    steepdrive
    steepdrive
    Participant

I picked three eggplants for eggplant parmesan.  They were on the small side but I think they will be good.  The sauce is from tomatoes I froze last year.  Basil freshly picked went into the sauce.  I also have enough green beans for the two of us.  It will be a good summer meal.

What have you picked to eat tonight?

photo signature_1.gif

#5267121 Report Abuse

albertagran
    Participant

Nothing tonight, but last night we had swiss chard and it was delicious.

#5267132 Report Abuse

belle_pa
    Participant

Tonight we had homemade pizza made from our home grown ingredients.  Fresh oregano and garlic for flavoring and homegrown beef hamburger.   The girls fixed a fresh salad which included our own lettuce and our first tomato of the year.  The tomato tasted so good.

Watermelon made a delicious finish for our meal.  We did not grow the melon.  Our evening meal followed a wonderful rain shower.

#5267140 Report Abuse
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Participant

We had fresh cucumber, tomatoes, red, green and yellow bell peppers, green snap beans,

I made an    un stuffed pepper dish with all the ingredients that go into stuffed peppers but cooked in electric fry pan with chopped up peppers, onions, tomatoes, garlic salt,   hamburger and hot sauce ….really good.  and yes I stirred in the cooked rice and topped with shredded cheese.

also made a salad of tomatoes, onion, bell peppers,cucumbers and put it in a marinade of Italian Lite dressing…haven’t eaten that yet… yummy

Janet...z7.
    Find more about Weather in Sharpsburg, GA

#5267155 Report Abuse
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

Weeds???????

photo signature_3.gif

Community Team Member wildernessny@gmail.com

#5267189 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Just some fresh cucumber to go along w/ my main!  2 days ago I picked an eggplant ftom my gaarden.  I sliced them in rounds, pan fried them w/ a little tomato sauce & topped w/ a little mozz.  Very good that way!  I actually never made them that way before, just sort of made it up as I went along!  Turned out quite goodv& will do them again that way!  I have another eggplant coming in.

#5267222 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Tonight I had a good bit from the garden. It included  a squash casserole, some tomato, cucumber, bell pepper and onion. ai love this time of year when I eat from the garden most meals. Even today for my dinner I had a tomato sandwich.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

#5267303 Report Abuse
    steepdrive
    steepdrive
    Participant

Sounds like we are all being fed by our gardens.  Won’t be long before I’ll be picking zucchini.  I saw two small ones out there.  One of my large tomatoes has that reddish blush.  Won’t be long now.

photo signature_1.gif

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.