What to do with blueberry plants?

Home Forums Gardening General Gardening Q&As What to do with blueberry plants?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Stelios Stelios 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

I have two blueberry plants that have done absolutely nothing.  They haven’t grown at all.  They have never produced any berries…They just exist.  It’s a living thing so I am having a problem with throwing them out.

Would there be any chance of something positive happening  like maybe the plants at least growing…..let alone producing berries? Can blueberry plants grow in pots?  If so, can they overwinter in pots?

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5143472 Report Abuse
    Wendy
    Wendy
    Participant

What’s up with the writing here? There’s no bold. Humm… Anyway are the plants getting enough sun? I grew some a while back (ok years but who wants to say years!) and I found they like lots of light and weak sun. Not a lot of berries but some were there. Mine were in pots too. Hope you can grow some! :)

#5143763 Report Abuse
    narnian
    narnian
    Participant

They must have acidic soil…..that could be the problem. However, I have never grown them, so maybe someone else can help you more.

I love blueberries and want to try them some day.

#5143925 Report Abuse
    Donna
    Donna
    Participant

Stella, how young/old are your plants?

Donna_Canada_Z_5

#5148397 Report Abuse
    Ladywolf4650
    Ladywolf4650
    Participant

This is what I know…..If the plants were bought at a reputable place they may replace them. I know Home Depot will replace plants that don’t grow or produce. The other thing I know is that when planting blueberry bushes they need to be of different species. One of one species the other of another species. and their are care facts that you need to follow at certain times of the year. Now this is what I learned from an experience I had. And when I followed what I learned I had success…now it might have been more dumb luck I don’t know. I hope you have better luck with your Berries. Thank you for your time.

#5151164 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Arr they getting enough sun & the right fertilizer/plant food?

#5151734 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Sorry I took so long to reply.  My 2 blueberry plants are at least 5 years old.  I just threw out one that was doing absolutely nothing…I mean nothing.  The other one is not doing well at all.  I give up.  I just can’t throw the second.  I’ll just leave it there.  No more blueberry plants for me.  Thanks for all your replies.

Stella
    Community Team Member

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.