What is your favorite cat color?

Home Forums Backyard Chat General What is your favorite cat color?

This topic contains 17 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by blubird67_oh blubird67_oh 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

freesoulbackagain
    Participant

I’ve always been partial to blonde tabbies, which I call “peanut-butter kitties”. Ever since I was a toddler, I have gravitated toward that color and those markings. They’re also often called “tiger tabbies”. Least favorite cat color: Plain old gray.

#5270348 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

I have a pretty or I should say handsome male gray/black tabby.  But I think the plain gray cats are pretty.  I always liked the one in the Sheba commercials.

Here’s a recent picture of  my baby, Teaguer

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5270350 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Orange of course… Orange tigers, American short hairs…All three of ours are orange… love them dearly..Snickers is our oldest , he will be 14 in January. Then there is Whitten, he is 3…and Peaches just turned 4 in March.

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5270396 Report Abuse

freesoulbackagain
    Participant

Some of those pics are taking forever to download, and as so often happens, they appear to be stalled. Such is dial-up!

Lovely kitties, from what I can see. Yes, the orange ones — blond and reddish tabbies — are my favorites.

Gayle, your silver/black tabby is very nice! He seems to have a tinge of blue in his fur. Or it could simply be the light in which the photo was taken. Your pic downloaded completely, no problem.

Puter hates dial-up! Being very grouchy about it.

#5270440 Report Abuse
    narnian
    narnian
    Participant

Orange kitties are my favorite too. We almost always had one growing up…if one would die, or disappear another would come and take it’s place.

#5270447 Report Abuse
    Lizzie
    Lizzie
    Participant

ORANGE!

#5270486 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

None!  Lol!  Not to offend anyone but not a cat fancier, to say the least!

#5270489 Report Abuse
    mary
    mary
    Participant

nice kitties everyone, i used to have a tortoiseshell one,all orange,black and white patches, then a siamese,now have a birdie.Mary in KY

#5270496 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Like your pics of them, although!  Just not a fan of cats!

#5270518 Report Abuse
    bratnella_NM
    bratnella_NM
    Participant

It’s got to be a toss up between solid black and orange (especially a lighter orange, all the way down to cream) tiger tabby. Not fond of the tabbies with big blotches of color. I also love some of the Siamese/Tonkinese colors. My least favorite would have to be the solid Torties, especially the darker ones. That said, if I fall in love with a cat, I don’t care what color it is. LOL

#5270522 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Free Soul, some pictures take a long time to download even w/o dial up.  (I’m still waiting on Sharon’s.)  For some reason, sometimes,  they show up completely once I’ve typed & submitted a reply.  Go figure.  LOL

Bratnella, the big splotches of color are called Calicos & all of those are female. (Tabbies are striped)

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5270548 Report Abuse
    birdbug
    birdbug
    Participant

I’m a sucker for calicos ! Our Friskie was 18 when she passed 7 yrs ago. My avatar is a pic of her.

Gayle, you’re kitty is very handsome !

Sharon, love the pics of your kitties too ! Especially the one of Peaches…real cute pose !!!! LOL

Hugs to all you cat lovers…and you too Marg !!!!!!

Mary Ann (Birdbug)

#5270642 Report Abuse
    bwatcher
    bwatcher
    Participant

My Sassy is long haired orange and white. A cat is a cat, and I don’t care what color it is. I love them all, but some are just prettier than others.

#5270671 Report Abuse
    Resa_NS
    Resa_NS
    Participant

Calico for now, I have had all colors and I have come to  the conclusion I like them all, But My Micki is the one I have had the longest, she is 19 years old, this is her in her prime,

#5270674 Report Abuse
    bratnella_NM
    bratnella_NM
    Participant

No, I love calicos. I like the mackerel, spotted, and ticked tabbies, but not fond of the BLOTCHED ones.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by bratnella_NM bratnella_NM.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.