what is this flower? blooming in Ohio

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat what is this flower? blooming in Ohio

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  akh41065 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

akh41065
    Participant

photo 053.jpg

photo 056.jpg

#5264759 Report Abuse
    anky37
    anky37
    Participant

A yellow flower!! LOL Sorry! I never know flower names. But  I like it!!! You’ll have to wait for the experts.

photo signature_1.gif

#5264761 Report Abuse
    luvmyb_b
    luvmyb_b
    Participant

Wish I could help.  I live in Ohio and can’t say I have ever seen that growing around here.  I will be anxious to see if you get an answer.  I’m guessing you will.

photo signature_3.gif
    NW Ohio
    Zn5

#5264814 Report Abuse

akh41065
    Participant

I think I’ve answered my own question: garland chrysanthemum. I had posted on what is this flower last week (before it bloomed) and someone thought it may be tri color chry. but it’s only yellow – thanks to all!

#5264819 Report Abuse

tealbirdIA_Z4
    Participant

It’s  a pretty bloom – whatever it’s name.  Alma

<*)~// Tealbird

#5264836 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

I said that my Tri color Chrysanthemum had foliage just like your mystery plant…..so glad you didn’t pull it thinking it was a weed….it is lovely!  It will give you lots of blooms from now until frost!  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5264866 Report Abuse

akh41065
    Participant

Charlene, yes thank you. You gave me the name and I appreciate it :) It will be fun to watch the plant. I bet your tri color one is pretty. I looked up pictures of that plant.

#5265197 Report Abuse

akh41065
    Participant

Charlene, what part of US do you live? do you deadhead this plant?

#5265213 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

I live in NE Iowa….zone 4…and yes, I do deadhead to get continuous blooms.  If you want to save seed, you need to quit deadheading and around the end of August or the 1st part of September.  What zone are you in?  I shouldn’t be giving advice until I know that.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5265291 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

DUH….your title says blooming in Ohio….LOL….guess I was sleeping last night.  Where did you get the plant?  I did a google search and it sounds like it is an annual, but you can sprinkle seeds in the ground this fall or early Spring to have more next year.  Your plant is eaten in many Asian dishes…..sounds good, doesn’t it?  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5265514 Report Abuse

akh41065
    Participant

Yes, Ohio, Lancaster – this came from a wildflower seed packet, thanks for info on deadheading. I did read about it and all the Asian dishes it’s in, interesting!  :)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.