WHAT IS THIS FLOWER

Home Forums Gardening What is this flower? WHAT IS THIS FLOWER

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  akh41065 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

akh41065
    Participant

I posted another picture but the color wasn’t good. Had some answers of chives but I don’t think it is. It is pink not purple and no oniony smell

photo 002-2.jpg

photo 004-1.jpg

#5152039 Report Abuse
    Sandy K.
    Sandy K.
    Participant

Those are Sea pinks I think they are also called thrift ?

Sandy K.

Find more about Weather in Lupton, MI

#5152043 Report Abuse
    Sandy K.
    Sandy K.
    Participant

not my image / from internet

<strong style=”color: #000000; font-family: ‘Droid Sans’, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; line-height: normal;”>Gardening Know How - <span dir=”ltr”>http://www.gardeningknowhow.com</span&gt;
    <div class=”Center” style=”margin: 0px auto; color: #000000; font-family: ‘Droid Sans’, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; line-height: normal;”>
    <div id=”Outline” style=”width: 720px; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 0px 10px; line-height: 1.5;”>
    <h1 id=”BlogTitle” style=”margin-bottom: 5px;”>Sea Thrift Plant: Tips On How To Grow Thrift Plant In The Garden</h1>
    <div id=”BlogContent” style=”padding: 0px 10px;”>

By Susan Patterson, Master Gardener

Sea pink, also known as sea thrift plant, thrift plant and common thrift (Armeria maritima), is a low-growing perennial evergreen that is hardy in United States Department of Agriculture zones 4 through 8. Growing sea pinks and how to take care of thrift plants is easy.
    <h2>Sea Thrift Plant Info</h2>
    This slow grower produces beautiful sea pink flowers that are bright pink, red, violet or white. These round flowers appear in clusters on top of wiry and erect stems. This dainty little plant, native to central and southern Europe, blooms from late spring to early summer.

Over 80 species of sea pink exist and the plant has been known to be used medicinally to treat epilepsy and obesity, and is used as a sedative. Some cultivars, that have longer stems, also make lovely additions to fresh or dried bouquets.
    <h2>How to Grow Thrift Plant in the Garden</h2>
    Sea pink flowers prefer well-drained soil in full sun in northern climates and part-sun in the South.

The best type of soil for this plant is sandy and it does not need to be overly fertile. Soil that is too wet or fertile may cause the plant to rot.

This plant is also very salt tolerant <sup>[1]</sup> and commonly grows by the ocean shore <sup>[2]</sup>. The mounding habit of this pretty plant lends itself well to rock gardens <sup>[3]</sup> or flower bed edges. It is also a nice addition to any perennial bed or container garden.

Sow seeds in the fall or divide mature plants in early fall or spring.
    <h2>How to Take Care of Thrift Plants</h2>
    Growing sea pinks is not difficult as long as gardeners’ deadhead spent blooms frequently. This plant is deer resistant and non invasive, which makes it an easy keeper in the home garden. Once established, the sea thrift plant requires little watering.

To get the most optimal results in how to take care of thrift plants, they should not be planted in areas with a great deal of foot traffic.

</div>
    </div>
    </div>

Find more about Weather in Lupton, MI

#5152056 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Now that you show a close up, I agree with Sandy.  Ameria maritima….aka Thrift or Sea Pinks.

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5152338 Report Abuse

akh41065
    Participant

thanks to all! my second posting of pictures were better and clearer!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.