What is this Bird?? It was taken in my backyard in Southeast Michigan.

Home Forums Birding What is this bird? What is this Bird?? It was taken in my backyard in Southeast Michigan.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by CatsBirds CatsBirds 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

teddybeartrouble
    Participant

Bird??

#5277332 Report Abuse
    narnian
    narnian
    Participant

Welcome to the Board, teddybear…

On the right under Backyard Chat, you will find Community Help…go there and the first post should tell you everything you need to do to post a picture here ( we cannot see the one you tried to post)

Linda Z

#5277612 Report Abuse

teddybeartrouble
    Participant

Possible Female House Sparrow

#5277613 Report Abuse

teddybeartrouble
    Participant

Sorry bout that. I hope you can see it now. We think it might be a Female House Sparrow but not sure.

#5277627 Report Abuse
    MDgreenery
    MDgreenery
    Participant

Hi Teddy & welcome. Sorry, I cannot help much with bird identification but I will bump this up & hopefully Narnian will see it again; she is very skilled at bird identification. As are several other birders here…it just may take them a while to see/visit this thread.

#5277639 Report Abuse
    njeagle7
    njeagle7
    Participant

Hi, Teddy. Your pretty little bird is a young HOSP…take note of the yellow ‘gape’ at the top of her/his Bill. I have a whole family of them, right now. They are enjoying their new surroundings, here in my yard… just took more pics of them at the water fountains, and ‘preening’ on my ‘perch’ tree. I think they like it here. :)
    ~Annie in NJ~ aka ‘jerseytweeter’ at…

https://www.youtube.com/user/jerseytweeter/videos?flow=grid&view=0

#5277736 Report Abuse
    narnian
    narnian
    Participant

Yes, Annie is right…and in case you didn’t know…..HOSP is short for house sparrow.

#5277963 Report Abuse

teddybeartrouble
    Participant

Thanks for the help. The picture that is attached I believe to be a 1st year male HOSP.

#5280450 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Welcome and glad you figured out how to post…

Check out our daily picture post in Birds Post…and in BYC  – Back Yard Chat… I do a daily picture post and if you would like to put any photos in there… we would love to see them…the more the merrier.

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.