What have you planted so far in your gardens?

Home Forums Backyard Chat General What have you planted so far in your gardens?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by margba margba 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    margba
    margba
    Participant

I havent planted anything just yet!  Grtting it all ready to go, though!  Just started buying things I want & then we got a big rainstorm today!  I was going to start today but think i will let it dry out some before planting! I think i will start planting maybe Mon.  I will be busy next week, however, w/ getting ready for my neph’s wedding next Sat & my older sister & her dh coming in from CA!  Will get it done inbetween all the goings on!

But right now I have peppers, toms, parsley all ready to go!  I still have to get my other fav veggies I like!  Only have gotten a couple flowers!  Gotta get more of those, too!

• This topic was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by margba margba.
    #5144883 Report Abuse

surferdude_FL
    Participant

I planted tomatoes and peppers in 12 five gallon buckets on April 10th. Four Husky Cherry Red tomatoes, they have fruit on them now. Three Big Bertha, three   Cubanelle, one Cowhorn and one Pablano pepper…they all have pea size peppers on them now.

Terry

#5144901 Report Abuse

hyacinths-I purchased 15 pot with three plants each the week before Easter, got them in the ground

primrose-12 plants

pansy-flat of 32 plants

marigold-flat of 24 plants

coleus-flat of 32 plants in three large pots

petunia-18 red/12 white  (three large pots 6 red 4 white)

geraniums-6 plants

begonia-two flats of 24 ( made 6 hanging pots, 3 pots for plant stand on patio and two larger pots for on a wall

persian shield – potted for table

ivy- 3 plants potted 

sweet basil seeds coming up in large pot

I have curly parsley and flat leaf parsley ready to be planted

aster- flat of 12 plants

snapdragon-flat of 24 around mailbox

phlox- 6 plants  for perennial garden

Margba—I was in your neighborhood a few weeks ago to Sight and Sound to see Moses.

It poured for three days.

Purchased two lilac bushes (a white one and a redish purple) and two clematis vines. They need to be planted after all this rain we are getting today.

What are all those deer fenced in down the road from you? Where do they come from? Is it a deer farm?

#5144905 Report Abuse

xstitchlady_NS
    Participant

Weeds.

> photo ce743b80-b36a-4516-9ecc-8396880e5290_zps6e18ec3d.gif

#5144906 Report Abuse
    Resa_NS
    Resa_NS
    Participant

Nothing planted yet, but bought 10 bags of soil and a hanging basket of geraniums, it’s a start!

My windflowers are up and my daffies are blooming and my forsythia is ready to pop!

Sherry! You planted weeds? LOL

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by Resa_NS Resa_NS.
    #5144912 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Feathers, so you were driving down my road on Irishtown past the deer farm & post office.  You should have hollered!  Lol!  Yeah, Moses is playing at S&S Theatre!  Oh yeah, all the darned rains, incl today!  You might have driven by the deer farm down in Strasburg!  Mostly from what I hear & hate to say, they are raised mostly to guarantee a hunting party a deer or 2!  I imagine they are sold or billed for other purposes, such as advertising, selling the antlers of bucks that fall off naturally, etc! Wild turkeys like to hang out at those deer farms for the free food!

Feathers &:Terry, you guys planted a heck of a lot!

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by margba margba.
    #5144926 Report Abuse
    Wendy
    Wendy
    Participant

Wild violets, violet seeds I bought, pansy and johnny jump ups, regular and garlic chives, baby carrots, tomatoes, sweet williams, a very small pine tree seedling I got from the mountains the other day and LOTS of cactus and spider plants to break apart and restart again as they are too big to handle for me. I’m thinking about buying some nasturtiums.

#5144964 Report Abuse

hopscotch
    Participant

I have planted all my seedlings that I started under the lights – broccoli, cauliflower, bunch lettuce, 2 tomatoes, several varieties of flowers. I had 450 seedlings in the basement.  Lost about 50 since then, and another 68 saved for neighbors if they want them.  Also, planted radishes and carrots directly in the garden.  Radishes are almost ready to pull.  Still have 2 varieties of beans to plant.  My 2 squash plants are up, and the 2 cucumbers are getting ready to break ground., Had to cover everything last night because of the cold, but they all survived.

#5144986 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Wow!  Wendy & hopscotch!  You guys did a lot of planting, especially hopscotch!  I am always so impressed when you do a lot of starting plants byv seed!

#5144990 Report Abuse

tealbirdIA_Z4
    Participant

I have been eating the green onions.  The lettuce and dill inside pot and one parsley showed up today.

Outside I have planted marigolds, celosia and cannas.  Have 3 tomatoes ready – but waiting a few more days.

Covered all of the pots I have out. A second frost possible tonight.

I stuck a Persian Shield in a container that needed that perk of color.

Many containers ready to go out – but will wait a few more days.

Fun plants that made it thru the winter. Black Lace sambacus (elderberry fancy dark leaf) and Russian sage.  The 2 trillium colors – red and snow showed up and one new ajuga made it, but the regular ajuga that was all over all winter killed this year. Really miss that and others lost theirs, too.

<*)~// Tealbird

#5145015 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

I don’t have room for a large veggie garden so I plant tomatoes, lettuce & cucumbers in pots.  Lettuce is doing good & just put tomatoes in earlier this week, also the cucumber seeds..

I have a lot of perennials so they don’t get replanted every year.  But I have planted zinnia, sunflower, malva,morning glory, cypress vine, sweet pea vine, BES vine & Calif. Poppy seeds.  Also various bulbs such as lilies, (oriental & Daylilies this year), caladiums & glads.  Some seedlings that I started & planted; Jacob’s Ladder, Columbine, Bee Balm, Dianthus & Poppies.

There’s probably more but that’s all I can remember right now.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5145125 Report Abuse

gabbygirt_oh
    Participant

7 tomato plants, cucumber seeds , the plants are up, onion seeds. Oh and  I have a marble size tomato already.

Haven’t got my flowers yet.

#5145144 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Tealbird, sorry about all the frost you guys are getting!  Kind of chilly here too.  I think some northern tier areas of PA got below freezing last night but we were safe here, fortunately!  I will plant what I have gotten in the ground or containers this week.  Hope I get it done soon, as its family wedding weekend time & I will be busy!  Neph’s wedding is next Sat, hard to believe!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.