What camera is best for shooting birds

Home Forums Birding General Bird Q&As What camera is best for shooting birds

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  allisonclem 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

allisonclem
    Participant

I am going to get a new camera very soon & am confused about which one to buy. I’ve looked at Canon 70D & Sony A77 but really don’t know what to buy. Any suggestions?

#5151284 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Hi Allison,  well I have a Canon and a Sony… its up to you how much you want to spend.  Those are both great cameras..

I have the Canon rebel T3i, with many different lenses…and to take in my van for quick, not to miss shots, I have the new Sony 50X Sony DSC-HX300/B 20 MP Digital Camera with 50x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 3-Inch LCD (Black)

We have tons of money in the Canons and not a lot in the Sony. I love my Canon but now beginning to really like the Sony too… guess its up to you… you can always take it back..lol

May I ask where you are from????

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5151438 Report Abuse

allisonclem
    Participant

Hi! We are from fort smith, AR. This will be our 1st venture into the more expensive cameras so I really appreciate the input…it does get overwhelming when a beginner! We want to buy something soon so that I will have time to learn how to shoot well with it. Our next vacation will be in the Smokies where wildlife abounds!

#5151594 Report Abuse

Hiker07_IL_5
    Participant

I’d never buy anything except a Canon! I Have a rebel XT with changeable lens a Canon Sure Shot but the latter is autofocus and not really good for bird pictures unless they are sitting still then it’s great. For birds though, if you have the money, go for a high priced one with an expensive long lens because I feel like that’s the only way you can get professional bird pictures. The lens I would love to have but could never afford is a $6,000 one!

#5155647 Report Abuse

allisonclem
    Participant

I just bought a canon eos 6d slr & am hoping it will be good; can’t wait to start using! happy birding!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.