What a nice surprise

Home Forums Gardening All About Seeds What a nice surprise

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by abeyl abeyl 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

I think I solved two of my mysteries from Kathy. I wasn’t having as good success with starting seeds this year and was disappointed that out of all the seeds Kathy sent me I only got to plant a few plants.

One is a very pretty petunia and another is a nice amount of nicotana. Unfortunately, the third one will remain a mystery.

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

#5155428 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

Well they are truly a surprise. They aren’t what the seeds were at all.

#5282083 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

I did finally get one of them.  I did get two plants of the blue salvia from my mystery seeds

#5306870 Report Abuse

chickenleggs2
    Participant

I got some Hibiscus seeds from a lady but I don’t know if they need to be put in the refrigerator

for the winter or just kept in the dark til spring.  Perhaps I could even plant them in a pot

for now and put them out next year.  Anyone know for sure.  Any help would be appreciated.

#5306979 Report Abuse
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

I have had success with hibiscus seed previously and have never done anything with them except start them indoors the same time I start my other seed during the late winter.  Some may have some better advise however.

photo signature_3.gif

Community Team Member wildernessny@gmail.com

#5307140 Report Abuse
    abeyl
    abeyl
    Participant

I do the same as Bette and they bloom in the summer. I had one came up in a big pot outside last spring and it bloomed all summer. I do keep mine in the fridg but not sure you have to.
    Abey

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.