WHAT A MESS I AM IN **2nd UPDATE**pictures

Home Forums Backyard Chat General WHAT A MESS I AM IN **2nd UPDATE**pictures

This topic contains 17 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by oldgirl06 oldgirl06 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Carol Johnson
    Carol Johnson
    Participant

Well turns out the stray cat that some one dumped here some time back that Miss Kimberly is trying to earn her trust is Pregnant VERY …she will now let Mr.B as well as myself pet her which I did last night..and that poor cat is so dirty and so matted it is almost unbelievable ..she can not have her kitten like that she is matted right up to the skin and all over huge mats ..I call one rescue for help they want to to take her in and have her spayed then shaved ..ummm she is getting milk so not long before kittens will be born…I can NOT do that.. goes against my beliefs and yes I know there are way to many kittens and puppies  in the world but she didn’t ask for this and neither did I  Miss Kimberly is upset said she doesn’t know kittens and all she wanted was to help the momma …I have another call into another rescue friend to see if her vet will figure a way to shave this cat …had the owner of that cat was a decent human they would have taken her to animal control or HS and not dumped her off here for me to clean up their mess …shame on them ..Please keep this poor cat in your prayers and good thoughts…Thanks for letting me sound off.

Well we made a plan and spent a couple hours trying to get Momma now named Roseanna in a crate ..then let Miss Kimberly work her magic since the 3 of us were getting no where…and guess what…Miss Kimberly did it ..all by herself ..she is  in a Large dog crate has food water bedding and a litter box and will be spending the night in it and the day tomorrow she is in what we call the club house..sure hope every thing goes well tomorrow…

under our big deck ..

I missed the shot where she picked her up and put her in the crate but there she is crated…

Miss Kimberly trying to calm Roseanna down…

Off to the club house…I am so happy we have her..wow she now has a chance…will post update on her after vet visit…Thanks again everyone for the kind words and moral support…

x_3d759b92 photo x_3d759b92.gif

• This topic was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Carol Johnson Carol Johnson.
    #5151789 Report Abuse
    gkids3_il
    gkids3_il
    Participant

Oh Carol so sad about the cat.  Hope your friend can come to the rescue.  I truly do not understand how people can treat animals the way some of them do.   Bless you lady for all you’ve done for others and also for helping this one as well.

#5151792 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Carol, I will never understand human behavior!!!!  Animals are innocent.  All they want is our love.  I cannot accept anyone neglecting a pet.  Mind you, if you watch some of those tv programs, it is heart wrenching.  I sit there and TRY to understand why some people could be so cruel to animals.  Then again….why are people cruel to children.

My best friend’s soon to be DIL is a volunteer in an organization for the protection of animals.  She can tell some horrible stories.  Yet there are good people out there who will take in animals, pay the vet bills, or better still give it a home.

Animals share this planet with us….we have a duty to protect them.  Good people like you Carol are still around.  Bless you!

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5151793 Report Abuse
    Resa_NS
    Resa_NS
    Participant

Oh No! Poor Momma!  Poor you!!Hope you can get her help, she is such a pretty cat, saying a prayer to St Francis for her & her babies, {{hugs}}& one for Miss Kimberly,{{hugs}}

#5151795 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Oh, hope who you called can take the cat and get it shaved.  At least temporarily it is in a good place until you can get some help with it.

Vent anytime we hear you and sympathize with you, too.  Why do people ride along the roads and just drop off dogs and cats to fend for themselves?  They either get tired of them or can’t feed them or want to be bothered with them.

Hang in there and hope this kitty can get rid of the matted fur soon.  I can’t see why a place would want to have it spade and then shave it when it is pregnant.  Makes no sense to me to do that with an animal.  You just don’t kill the kittens waiting to be born.  You can see where their beliefs are.

#5151800 Report Abuse
    Carol Johnson
    Carol Johnson
    Participant

Thanks for the kind words I am just beside myself over this . If my vet had not passed away he would have helped her..I do so miss him ..and now since I am not active in rescue I do not have a vet who works with me per-say and so I reach out to rescues I have helped in the past so I can get a discount on the bill …

she really is pretty with beautiful eyes..you cant really see the mats as she is such a mess and has the long hair but trust me she is loaded with them…

#5151819 Report Abuse
    Resa_NS
    Resa_NS
    Participant

My Micki is long haired to and keeping the mats out is almost a daily chore ,  she likes being brushed each day but only on her back, she only wants her belly touched when she wants it,  some days she lets us some days she is vicious, Bill has gotten scratched badly a few times,

it’s especially bad to get to them around her backside, Bill holds her and I cut, but can only do  it a few minutes, You would think we were killing her by the noise and growls, and usually she is a quiet cat,

#5151824 Report Abuse
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Participant

Poor baby . Why can’t you take her to a groomer at a regular shop,   They have a job on hand with my cocker spaniel that I let her hair grow over the winter and she now looks like a sheep dog and is all matted…but they cleaned her up last year , so hoping for the best this year. I swore that I would have her hair cut at the end of summer and not let it get in this mess again but with DH being sick from Sept-Dec I didn’t get it done.  Sorry Biscuit , it won’t happen again.  Hope all works out with the cat and babies…

Janet...z7.
    Find more about Weather in Sharpsburg, GA

#5151834 Report Abuse
    Carol Johnson
    Carol Johnson
    Participant

Posynut she will stay here after the babies unless a home can be found for her ..but she will be safe and fed and cared for..she came here asking for help and I intend to do just that to the best I can..

Resa aren’t they funny litter things…so different then dogs…

Janet a groomer will not touch her she is semi feral ..and most likely they will need to knock her out in order to shave her…these mats have you name it mixed in them and are from one end to the other ..

#5151837 Report Abuse
    Carol Johnson
    Carol Johnson
    Participant

We have a vet who will help …in fact its Starla’s vet ..thank God ..she goes in at 4:30 tomorrow…I am so happy ..now to get her in a crate tomorrow…I’ll keep everyone posted…

#5151841 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

You aare such a good person, Carol!  She is a pretty cat, I think!

#5151851 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

So glad Starla’s vet will help out with this.  Glad she/he is willing, Carol.  I know you will take the best care of whatever animal seeks your help.   This cat doesn’t know how lucky she is to be in this home for help.

#5151852 Report Abuse

joan1___Alabama
    Participant

Good…..  Bless  Starlas  vet! ……but if she is semi-feral   how will they keep her still and calm without medicating her?     If  she is very pregnant,  she might deliver before then???     Hope not.  Prayers that all goes well.   Bless the mama cat, the vet and you and Miss Kimberly.

#5152014 Report Abuse
    Carol Johnson
    Carol Johnson
    Participant

Bump ..

#5152048 Report Abuse
    Resa_NS
    Resa_NS
    Participant

Miss Kimberly is awesome!! Good job!! glad she is safe in the club house,  she didn’t look too upset being in the crate, do you think she is tired and knows your trying to help her?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.