Well we got insurance..

Home Forums Backyard Chat General Well we got insurance..

This topic contains 8 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by margba margba 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

On the vehicles… House we are waiting to hear on..

But this really makes me mad.  We got more insurance, more coverage, less deductible, for over $400 less a year  than Wolverine was charging us. So for years we have been getting ripped off. And our new agent told us that any vehicle over 15 years old it doesn’t pay to keep comp on them as they aren’t worth what you pay in premiums.  For instance if you have a vehicle that is lets say  1999 or 2000, you are paying more in insurance than the vehicle is worth. He said people should keep liability and other driver on the vehicle but no sense throwing money away on a vehicle not worth the cost of the insurance you are paying…

Well everyone should know that. But he said he is surprised many people don’t.  So if you are paying $500 a year and the vehicle is only worth $1500…insurance isn’t going to give you much of anything for it.  Makes sense. 

I paid for the year and we got another discount on top of the $400 savings.  He and his wife run this agency and they deal with all kinds of insurance companies.  He said with our great credit rating that is one reason we saved so much money.  Heck I am tickled with that. 

Now to just get the farm taken care of… big sigh of relief, for one thing at least..

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• This topic was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by CatsBirds CatsBirds.
    #5264708 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Well that’s good news & I knew that tip about the older cars but I always hesitate to drop any coverage.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5264758 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

I knew about dropping some insurance after a car was so old because no sense in coverage such as comp and/or collision because they are not worth it, but we never did, but know lots of people that have dropped some after vehicle is certain age old.  My DS is driving a 2000 Buick Regal that isn’t worth a lot, but works good and rides nice.  He has put some dollars into it though, figuring it is better than a car payment.  My middle DS and wife bought my 2 door Regal I had one time and made payments to me monthly and worked good for her.  DS had a truck at the time.  Would rather sell them to someone who needs a good car rather than trade….never get as much as you should when you trade anyway.

Glad you got insurance on the cars anyway; hope now you can get some on the house.

A rip off some of the people in the insurance business; they don’t try and save a person some money.

#5264790 Report Abuse

joan1___Alabama
    Participant

Congratulations!  I’m glad something finally worked out good for you.  Hope you can get a good deal on your house and farm now too.    If they give discount on multiple cars looks like they could you you a big discount for your farm plus your lake home with the same company?   Good luck.

#5264820 Report Abuse

OhioLilacLady
    Participant

Well, I m glad at least the auto insurance is back in force for you, Sharon.  I can t even imagine driving down the road without car insurance even tho’ we hear of it often.

Now, hopefully soon, you can rest a little easier knowing that you ll have homeowners’ coverage as well.

Good luck ~~~ Marilyn :)

#5264910 Report Abuse
    Lizzie
    Lizzie
    Participant

finally some GOOD news for you!

#5264932 Report Abuse
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    Participant

That’s great Sharon, I hope you hear on your house soon.

photo signature_1.gif

#5264934 Report Abuse
    narnian
    narnian
    Participant

Sounds good, Sharon…just hope you can trust that guy…I find it hard to do so today.

#5264939 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

So glad for you!  You will find ins for the farmhouse soon enough, I am sure!  Write & complain to the State ins commissioner!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.