Welcome to “ THE POTTING SHED” ABY Wednesday, 5 Feb

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat Welcome to “ THE POTTING SHED” ABY Wednesday, 5 Feb

This topic contains 25 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Tigsy 6 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

woodgreen
    Participant

Welcome to “ THE POTTING  SHED” ABY
    Wednesday, 5 February 2014

Good Morning All.  Well it seems there are a few problems out there so let us have a look at them I gave you a list of what you can sow and it seems that SCHIZANTHUS is being grown and from the sound of it not too happily  now before I go on please consider it is along time when I was in gardening but as they say there are something’s one never forget. So lets have a look I will call it — Schi like it cool with light are you growing it hot and too quick. The other one was -it is like grass definitely sown to thick. Remember the conditions that this plant naturally grows under. I have not enough space to go into that. This is what you should do- sow very sparingly try to give space between the seeds yes I know they are small.  As soon as they germinate put in a frost free place with plenty of light. And remember they are a mountain plant. Water from the bottom and remove when water is on the top and let drain do not over soak. Only big plants of any kind do I water from the top.
    If you do not at first !!!!
    -
    Now lets get on.  It has been a nice day but the wind was just freezing so I stayed in and made a supper dinner. I started small cracker type bisckets  with goat cheese and ham  for the main a big piece of side of salmon with mash potatoes and peas then for sweet I just had some tined peaches and as I type this I feel a little full. LOL
    -
    Brenda. No, No pamper day just a lot of thinking I am pleased you are able to get on now.  With the weather as it is hard to say what the cause is with the daffs but as it was the same last year I could offer you some suggestions
    -
    Stelios.  Thank you for popping in if you have a garden there should be no excuse for not making your own we made all our own compost and all these expensive compost makers not necessary. I bet they will thank me for saying that.
    -
    Well if I carry on like this I will have to open an extension to the “Potting Shed” just for gardening lol.  Have a nice day all and keep safe and warm.
    -
    Stewart.

#4901035 Report Abuse

woodgreen
    Participant

<div class=”photo-display-item” id=”photo_12030631133″ style=”z-index: inherit;” data-photo-id=”12030631133″ data-comments-total-count=”0″ data-ctx-pos=”" data-photo-owner=”93630513@N06″ data-photo-media=”photo”>
    <div class=”hover-target”>Brenda did not see the first one this is her dog “John”
    <div class=”thumb “><span class=”photo_container pc_ju”>001 - Copy (640x481)</span>
    <div class=”meta”>
    <div class=”title”>001 – Copy (640×481)</div>
    <div class=”attribution-block”><span class=”attribution”>goodenmay</span></div>
    <span class=”inline-icons”>[★]</span></div>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>

#4901871 Report Abuse

brb4y
    Participant

Morning all, again! Just wrote a post, pushed ‘submit’ and it flew away to be replaced by a thing that told me to sign in. I had been signed in already…. Post looked like it flew but don’t see it. Oh well.

Thank you Stewart for the pic of John. He’s now 177lbs of pure love and protection. I don’t know what I’d do without him since he ‘takes care’ of all of us here.

Poured rain sideways with the wind last night for quite some time. Hopefully daylight will show no damage. Just a degree colder and it would have been a blizzard so am thankful for that much. This weather has been crazy.

Am so thankful we’re mostly all still here and surviving so far. Hope it’s a productive day for all.

Later,

Brenda

Brenda

#4902757 Report Abuse
    KBratnTex
    KBratnTex
    Participant

Good barely morning! I never thought to notice the times anyone posts here and I certainly don’t make it a habit of being  up at 3;30 a.m. myself. I forget we don’t all live in the same time zone. Duh, LOL

I just noticed the weather says today and tomorrow will be the coldest back to back days since 2011. Not looking forward to that! Most of the snow has gone and only a 30% chance of more moisture. Desperation continues to make us thankful for every precious drop.

I did manage to get ol Bud a bath yesterday. I hope it warms up to get out on the patio for a haircut before he needs another one! He is one woolly booger!

Nothing more exciting than laundry and filling the wood box going on here today. My old bones just aren’t approving of these temps, so hibernating remains at the top of my list. In fact, the chill has chilled my excitement over the garden for now.

I do believe I will just throw another log on the fire and try going back to bed. IF we see the sun this a.m. it will find it’s way up over the horizon without me. ;) I bid you good morning or good night or a good day…whichever applies when you get here.

I came back to edit, as my post was full of the gooble-de-goop again. This place has more booboos than a kid learning to ride a bike!

http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/cgi-bin/banner/ban/wxBanner?bannertype=wu_bluestripes&airportcode=K0F2&ForcedCity=Bellevue&ForcedState=TX&zip=76228&language=EN

• This reply was modified 6 months, 4 weeks ago by KBratnTex KBratnTex.
    #4903548 Report Abuse
    steepdrive
    steepdrive
    Participant

Good icy morning from here.  No sunrise to add color to the eastern sky.

Woke at 2 am (I think it was) to pouring rain.  Checked the outside temp and it was 32 so I knew it all would freeze and it is.  Schools are closed, my watercolor class is canceled for today, hunkering down and hoping the electricity doesn’t go out so the generator goes on.  Water is on the stove about to boil to make a pot for Dan and I.  He works from home again today but has his painting class or so he hopes at the community college this afternoon.

Adoption is proceeding fine – fingers crossed and prayers continue to be said.  Spoke to Emily & Matt last evening.  They are learning more about the logistics, have arranged for a doctor, rearranged furniture, installed the car seat, gathering hand me downs and new things like a diaper pail, etc.  Now its a wait for the baby girl to come.

Great photo of John the loving guard dog, Brenda.  How old is he now?

Stewart – I have to admit I have no idea what plant you are talking about in your first paragraph.  Do you have a photo of it?  I may know of it with a common name.  When are you headed to England for your visit?  And what’s happening with Wendy?

Ready for some tea and to read the news of the day.

photo signature_1.gif

#4903693 Report Abuse
    Keggy
    Keggy
    Participant

Good morning all.

Steep, looks like we have same weather.  Last night we had snow followed by freezing rain so now we have a layer of ice covering the snow.  Not sure if the snowblower will work on this.

I am supposed to host knitting group this afternoon but I’m thinking we will cancel.  Roads are still very bad and it might take a while to clear the driveway.

Steep, hope all does well with the adoption, keep us posted.

Good Morning to KBraten in Texas.   I am in Ohio

#4904324 Report Abuse

woodgreen
    Participant

Marcia.  I am shur you know it common name –  “Poormans Orchard” it grows wild in some mountains but it is not an Orchard.   Stewart.

#4904480 Report Abuse

woodgreen
    Participant

KBRATN.   I was adopted by the group because I did not have to get up early to open up living in France and it is all ready when you do LOL     Stewart.

#4904608 Report Abuse
    Sherry N
    Sherry N
    Participant

Good morning everyone.  It is 23 and snowing.  We got about an inch last night,  far cry from what they were forecasting.  LOL  Theres a shocker.  Now they are calling for 6 to 8 inches today.  (Same as last night).  We will see.    Not very cold out, but the winds are picking up.

Woke up with a terrible migraine but it is almost gone now.

Great picture of John, what a gorgeous dog.

KbratnTex my son is a big Dallas Cowboys fan.  Do you go to any games?

Not much else going on here.  Have to go shovel what we have just in case we do get a lot more.

Hope you all have a great day,  Stay safe.

Tink photo Tinkerbell-1.gif

#4904629 Report Abuse
    Sherry N
    Sherry N
    Participant

Stewart I have never heard of that flower but I will look it up.

Tink photo Tinkerbell-1.gif

#4904896 Report Abuse
    robee_pa
    robee_pa
    Participant

Good morning all.  Everything is covered in ice.  Schools are closed again.  Out tree branches are hanging down covered with ice.

Haven’t been up long, but ready for 2 nd cup of coffee.  Watching the news.  Of course it is all about the weather conditions.  I sure hope we don’t lose power.

Not much else going on besides the weather so we will stay in all day.

Have a good day everyone.  Stay safe and warm.

signature 1 photo signature_1.gif

#4906464 Report Abuse
    steepdrive
    steepdrive
    Participant

Ice storm continues here.  I’ve posted some photos on my blog

photo signature_1.gif

#4906530 Report Abuse
    steepdrive
    steepdrive
    Participant

Stewart – never heard of poor man’s orchard (orchid?)

Did a search and found this.  A type of impatiens?

photo signature_1.gif

#4906621 Report Abuse
    robee_pa
    robee_pa
    Participant

Steep, great pictures!

signature 1 photo signature_1.gif

#4906680 Report Abuse

woodgreen
    Participant

Marcia.     Icicles like that ,now that is cold. Not seen that since I was a kid in the North.  Thanks Stewart.    And I was thinking it was cold here LOL

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.