**~~** Welcome to Picture Post, Wednesday, July 16th, 2014 **~~**

Home Forums Backyard Chat General **~~** Welcome to Picture Post, Wednesday, July 16th, 2014 **~~**

This topic contains 24 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Posynut_NY_zone4 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Welcome to your picture post… I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys all the great pics..

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5264458 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Hodgepodge day again…

#5264462 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

More hodgepodge…

#5264463 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Our orioles are coming back… they have been gone a couple of weeks..

#5264467 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

More of the Northern flickers that showed up yesterday.

#5264471 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Great pictures Sharon. Hibiscus that I got from a friend on the garden board.

Thankfully this is an older picture of what was supposed to be a bird feeder

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

#5264515 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Sharon, I love the graphics today… Your Hodgepodge days are always beautiful…  You really have some beautiful wildlife there; I can see why you would love the lake…. All the birds are beautiful… I have several Northern Flickers that visit my backyard too.

Steve, that is really a beautiful Hibiscus… I see you have some squirrel bookends there.

We saw lovely hanging baskets on every street pole in the little town we drove by the other day.

On our drive home we passed by Boring, Oregon… Yes there really is a town called Boring

All in all it was a lovely day for a drive

#5264517 Report Abuse
    Marge_in_Michigan
    Marge_in_Michigan
    Participant

Good morning to all.

Sharon, I too love your hodgepodge days…so much variety!  You are blessed to have so much nature to photograph.  Your pictures are beautiful!

Steve, what a lovely hibiscus.  The color is awesome!  I like squirrels……….but not in my yard!  I have a feeling you can relate!

Wow, those must be wave petunias in that hanging basket, mmarnee.  They’re gorgeous.  Funny about Boring, Oregon.  I’d love to see ANY PLACE in Oregon, Boring or not.  Oregon is on my bucket list.

Have a great day, everyone.

#5264538 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Good Morning Sharon and BYC friend’s!  Cool night and tonite too, but it has been delightful instead of so HOT!  Love the pictures so far today and I’ll begin with an odd one.  This is a photo of ‘stones’!  Just a bunch of beach stones….from Lake Superior’s shoreline.  I’ve been there and walked those beach’s and you can spend hours and hours searching for the gemstone that is mixed in with them.  Agate’s!  The wind and the waves and coolness is delightful and when you get lucky and find that ‘special’ stone to bring home…or just a bucket-full to bring home to polish as ‘worry stones’, it makes a memory forever.

photo 10481552_815719411785230_138691038386202289_o.jpg

#5264539 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Here is a photo you don’t like to see, for it isn’t a time of peace for those who are under it.

photo StormCloudsoveralake.jpg

#5264541 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

BUT THIS PHOTO is one that everyone will enjoy!  (After the storm!)

photo SummerRainbowoveralake.jpg

#5264542 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Back in Alaska on the Misty Fjord’s boat trip, a fellow passenger took this pix of my son and I with an amazing background behind us!  My knit cap didn’t look good for this pix, so I took it off.  LOL

photo DSCF1147.jpg

#5264545 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

As we cruised along on the Misty Fjord’s boat trip, it didn’t matter whether you watched ‘ahead’ of you or to the ‘side’ for the majesty of the land and sea was tremendous both in color and immensity where-ever you looked!  Check out this small bay we passed as we cruised along.

photo DSCF1136.jpg

#5264546 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Today’s last photo is of the catamaran boat we were on for the Misty Fjord’s excursion.  There were lots of seats inside on the lower deck and about 1/2 as many on top.  A nice trip on a pretty large boat for this cruise, and a good crew that were helpful and courteous to us passenger’s.

photo DSCF1172.jpg

#5264558 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Good morning everyone.

Steve , that is a beautiful hibiscus…. and we now have 3 squirrels here.. hopefully I won’t be catching a pic like yours..lol

Marnee, that is basket of flowers, wow !! mine don’t seem to be doing well this year.  Love your drive… and boring !!!!  lol

Marge, how lovely… great photo..

Cliff, I don’t think I would want to be  under that cloud…gorgeous rainbow… and your cruise just had to be the best…..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.