**~~**Welcome to Picture Post, Wednesday, August, 13th, 2014 **~~**

Home Forums Backyard Chat General **~~**Welcome to Picture Post, Wednesday, August, 13th, 2014 **~~**

This topic contains 26 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by CatsBirds CatsBirds 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Welcome to your picture post. I hope everyone has a great Wednesday.

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5273171 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Good morning everyone… I have a totally hodgepodge day…

#5273172 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

#5273174 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

#5273178 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

#5273220 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Wow Sharon you have some wonderful photos for hodgepodge day!

Hummer day here.

#5273223 Report Abuse
    Carol Johnson
    Carol Johnson
    Participant

Good Morning Everyone….

Wow Sharon some really great shots …beautiful sunset pretty flowers..cute swans…your lake sure looks like it was calm great shots of it with nice reflections …pretty shots of the birds and look how beautiful that lab is ..all great shots…

Marnee beautiful shots of your busy hummers ….

I have hummer too..

love the black and white…

Great pictures shared yesterday and I enjoyed them all thanks for sharing…

Hope everyone has a great day…

x_3d759b92 photo x_3d759b92.gif

#5273230 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Good Morning Sharon and BYC friend’s!  May your day be a Blessed One today!  COLD here this a.m.; down into the  40′s.  Windows closed and dressed warmer to start the day.  GREAT pix already today; Sunsets; flowers; birds and all kind of things.  This morning I’ll begin with a photo of the beach area of Sanibel Island off the southwest coast of Florida.  I avoided the “Sanibel Stoop’ you get as you search for ‘seashells’ along the beachfronts but DID pick up a few for souvenir’s.  You can see from this photo, you have a LOT OF SHELLS to look over….and this was but one very miniscule area!  LOL

photo DSCF0099.jpg

#5273232 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Well, this photo is just a small photo of the miles and miles of beach’s in Florida and multiply this one with all the others and you can spend a lifetime seeking that ‘special’ seashell.  I took this early in the morning before a lot of folks arrived but usually the beach here would be crowded.

photo DSCF0103.jpg

#5273233 Report Abuse
    Marge_in_Michigan
    Marge_in_Michigan
    Participant

Lovely pictures all this morning.

I bought these sunflowers 5 for $1.99 on my way home from church Sunday.  What a bargain!  Sunflowers are my favorite flower.

#5273234 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

At least, as you made your way from the car parking lot to the beach and heading for the lighthouse on Sanibel, you had wonderful boardwalks to get there as well as get a good look at the surrounding woods and swamps you had to go through to get to the beach.  See!

photo DSCF0119-1.jpg

#5273235 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

I stopped at the “Welcome” center on Sanibel Island, but I was so early it wasn’t even open for the day, yet.  Outside was this sign with an over-view of the whole island.  The green area is a wildlife refuge area of several miles and the other area’s are ‘living’ area’s and ‘open to the public’ area’s.  It is a VERY CROWDED island and HEAVILY visited all year around.  The traffic is HORRIBLE once the mainland crowds arrive.  I was there early enough and was leaving as the crowds began to roll onto the island….and was glad to be leaving.

photo DSCF0092.jpg

#5273236 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

I DID drive very slowly, through the “Ding Darling Bird Sanctuary” which is about a 4.5 mile drive and saw many, many birds and critters along the drive.  This pix is of just one of the many area’s for the birds to rest and feed.  A group of pelicans are resting on a sandbar out in the shallow water area, while other kinds of birds are roaming and feeding freely.

photo DSCF0145.jpg

#5273237 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

This is today’s last photo and was taken as I drove through the sanctuary on Sanibel Island.  It was a pleasant drive, but you had to watch out for ‘other distracted drivers’ as much as you watched for the birds and animals all around you.

photo DSCF0147.jpg

#5273273 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Good morning everyone.

Marnee, I do  love the hummers… an amazing little bird… love the one looking over her shoulder at you.

Carol, Its hummer day !!!! gorgeous pics… love the black and white one too.. Awwww goldfinches and juvenile orioles.  Mr. Cardinal looks like you startled him..lol

Cliff, your trip out on Sanibel Island was neat.. so much to see. I would have just stayed there, with all the birds…lol

Marge, what lovely sunflowers. I have a few but none with the heads that big.  Very nice..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.