**~~** Welcome to Picture Post, Wednesday, April 9th, 2014 **~~**

Home Forums Backyard Chat General **~~** Welcome to Picture Post, Wednesday, April 9th, 2014 **~~**

This topic contains 24 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by CatsBirds CatsBirds 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Welcome to your picture post …. Please sit and enjoy all the great pics or post some of your own… the more the merrier..

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5128980 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Another hodgepodge day for me… The lake is coming to life with the ice finally gone… and this week we have bufflehead ducks and hooded mergansers…This flock of male mergansers were putting on a show for the females..

#5128981 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

The robins have been so busy… and with the ground being so wet they are finding earthworms like crazy..

And our goldfinches are getting prettier…

#5128982 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

I saw this on FB…and thought it was the cutest thing… I know my Grandson would love it..

#5128983 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

And I saw this one too.. they are just too cute…and not hard to make I wouldn’t  think..

#5128985 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Some spring flowers… last years of course since this years are just green right now…

#5129004 Report Abuse
    dsp
    dsp
    Participant

Nice hodgepodge, Sharon!  I especially enjoy seeing hooded mergansers; they look so cool!  The goldfinches and daffodils both are such beautiful signs of spring.

For today’s post I am sharing some photos that I took of the Tall Ship “Peacemaker” while it was docked in the Port of Pensacola.  A Tall Ship is a large sailing vessel with at least two masts.

I hope that everyone enjoys this photo “tour”, and has a wonderful day!

Find more about Weather in Huntsville, AL

#5129006 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

I really enjoyed all of yesterdays pictures and Carol I especially enjoyed your family walk and seeing Starla’s checking out the grass for the very first time.

Sharon, you do an amazing job posting graphics and great pictures. I have never seen mergansers, nice shot of the robin and beautiful goldfinches, pretty cakes, and beautiful Daffodils.

Dinah,  that ship is really beautiful.

Some of my Daffodils

Cheryl Galand's photo.

One of my niece’s cats

Stephanie Ahmed's photo.

These are some of my neighbor’s Tulips

#5129015 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Good Morning Sharon and BYC friend’s!  Another beautiful spring day is in the offing and I can finally get out and do a bit of yardwork.  Love your ‘hodge-podge’ this a.m. Sharon.  This a.m. I’ll begin with a common sight most of us can find experiencing their first ‘spring’ day.

Baby Animals photo: Baby bunny bunny.jpg

#5129016 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

A special message for all of us today, is being sent out this a.m.

photo GodhasaplanforyourlifeampsodoesSatan.jpg

#5129017 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Many years ago when our G-Daughter spent some time with us, my beloved taught her how to crochet…and now she has grown up and expanded her knowledge and is making many different things by crocheting.  She recently showed this creation she made of a doily that she completed and it is so like what my beloved would have done, I had to share it with you this a.m.

photo MyG-daughterscreationamptaughtbymybeloved.jpg

#5129018 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

….and of course, I can’t leave today without showing at least one pix of Alaska.  This will be today’s last pix….and tomorrow will be the last of my posting’s till I return from Ireland.  May you all have a Blessed Day and enjoy this beautiful weather we’ve waited for so long!

photo DSCF1232.jpg

#5129030 Report Abuse
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Participant

We got out early Saturday morning to go to the local Fairgrounds to a plant sale….must have not gotten there early enough because there wasn’t much left when we got there.  So leaving that area DH took a wrong turn , so we had a leisurely trip the country and enjoyed the spring flowers and trees. Thought I would share some of what we saw..

This is some of a large Pecan Grove that we saw….Bare of course

Wheat Field is the Darker field and grass on the ditch bank looks pretty healthy too …

Wild White Dogwoods along the road

Old Barn…..All of these pictures were taken as we were riding,  so I didn’t get a good one of this.

Long leaf Pine trees….

Old abandoned Home on a hill…

Bunnies,,,,not like yours Cliff

Old Country Store….still a few of these around but most are not being operated now.

The yellow in the trees is Carolina Jasmine growing wild all up and down these back roads.  I have never seen that before…

Looks like an old farm gone by the way side as so many have…Silo’s rusting away .

Not sure what these pink trees were …Maybe flowering Cherries??

Double flowers on this one.

Azaleas and Dog woods are in full bloom in some places…Our dogwoods are and some Azaleas but not all of them yet.

Isn’t this a stately old home..look at the details all over it…That is a weeping cherry on the left side of house…

Pink Dogwood and White one together

Azalea’s and Pansies

Pansies in the fork of the road

Dogwoods everywhere….Lining the streets in some places.

Well that is about it for that trip…Hope I haven’t bored you too much.. I love all the trips that we get to go on  posted on this site….Cliff I sure hope that you have a safe and wonderful trip to Ireland and we will go on it with you when you come back…I like doing that .   All other picture are beautiful as always.Have a good day.

Janet...z7.
    Find more about Weather in Sharpsburg, GA

#5129040 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Good morning everyone…

My goodness what wonderful photos so far today.

Dinah, that is a magnificent ship. The detail in the cabin and the masts just stunning.. The masts are huge.. What a wonderful job they did of restoring. Thank you for that trip…

Marnee, my goodness the colors.. I went to the farm yesterday and our tulips are up!!!  You have such pretty ones…

Cliff, your granddaughter is doing wonderful. That pineapple patterned doilie is very very nice. You have the safests of trips and come back to us so we can enjoy it too….

Janet, oh my… everything is in bloom or budding out down there.  I love all the dogwoods and the colors, and that stately old home.. The workmanship in it is something to see.  It is sad about many of the farms just going away. And you did a great job of taking the pics while riding along. The barn is a good one.. I love the Easter Bunnies in the yard. Thank you for a nice wrong turn tour…

#5129041 Report Abuse
    Carol Johnson
    Carol Johnson
    Participant

Happy Wednesday Everyone…

Yesterdays pictures were all very nice Marilyn loved the collage of the painted camel and Sharon your sunset was beautiful .

Sharon cute graphics and there are the ducks at their party nice shot..Pretty shot of the Robin and finches I see more yellow :)   cute cakes and beautiful daffs..

Dinah what a beautiful ship I really enjoyed seeing your pictures of it..

Marnee you have daffs and they are so pretty..what a pretty kit cat and with his little bow-tie to cute…your neighbors tulips are very pretty..

Cliff cute bunny and graphics your granddaughter doily is very nice your wife taught her well and the shot of Alaska is beautiful..

Janet nice to see you here and wow what wonderful pictures looks like you had a great side trip..the old forgotten house could be beatiful again ..like the old barn and also the old country store..and Loved the old home and yes it has lots of wonderful details would love a tour in it…all the pictures you shared are very nice thanks for the day trip .

just sharing some of my visitors I had yesterday ..

Love these guys ..

think these two are dating they stayed up there for a very long time singing to each other..

a very fast fly over

Not sure what this one is looks different then a snow bird..anyone know..

Anyone know what the bird I put a X on is?

Robin came back yesterday …

and is building the nest same place Mr.B took the last one out from..see the X

Sharon did you send these guys?

Hope everyone has a wonderful day..taking Miss Kimberly shopping for shoes ..wish me luck going to be a real task…

x_3d759b92 photo x_3d759b92.gif

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.