**~~** Welcome to Picture Post, Tuesday, June 10th, 2014 **~~**

Home Forums Backyard Chat General **~~** Welcome to Picture Post, Tuesday, June 10th, 2014 **~~**

This topic contains 24 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by CatsBirds CatsBirds 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Welcome to  your picture post …. Thank you Carol for doing such a wonderful job yesterday. I appreciate it.. Great photos, keep them coming everyone.

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5152089 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Starting out Tuesday with some yellows… we had such a good time, birding, and nature walking… will take days to go through all the pics..lol..

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by CatsBirds CatsBirds.
    #5152090 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

#5152092 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Red-wing…

#5152094 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Eagle Marsh Wetlands Preserve… where we did some nature walking..

#5152099 Report Abuse
    Almb
    Almb
    Participant

Sharon-Pretty photos that you took.

Mourning Dove

photo Dove9_zpse9f26993.jpg

#5152121 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Hi Alecia… love the dove…. they have been sitting outside our bedroom window just cooing every morning…

#5152140 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Good Morning Sharon and BYC friend’s!  So glad Sharon, that you and your DH had such a nice nature walk and time to spend together.  WONDERFUL!  Today’s pictures of your walk; the RW Black Birds and turtle and such are good memories for me as I grew up playing in the woods and fields near my home.  Today I’ll show first, some early Hyacinth flowers in my flower garden that I had planted 2 years ago and are finally blooming joyfully!

photo 2014BlueHyacinths.jpg

#5152141 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Here are the same flowers I planted only a year ago, that I acquired from my church that were on display on Easter last year in honor of my beloved DW, and which I planted near the blue one’s from the year before.

photo 2014PinkHyacinths.jpg

#5152142 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

I found these Jonquils in a park in Chicago, the day after Easter as we were finishing up our trip from Ireland.

photo DSCF0916.jpg

#5152143 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

In one area as we walked in Chicago, were these huge planters with tree’s planted.  I thought it a bit strange to put TREES into pots, but when everything else is covered in concrete I guess this is a concession to nature?

photo DSCF0893.jpg

#5152145 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Now, when we were in Alaska, there were tree’s without end everywhere you looked and growing so close together you had to wonder how you’d ever get through them if you had to walk it.  Even near the water there was NO ROOM to walk, as this photo shows.

photo 100_2573.jpg

#5152146 Report Abuse
    Marge_in_Michigan
    Marge_in_Michigan
    Participant

Good morning to you!

Beautiful pictures…I just love them all.  It’s fun to travel to all these different places while I’m still in my nightgown!  Ha!

Sharon, a question for you.  Do you live near Ft. Wayne, IN?  My youngest son & family live there and I think he talks about going to Eagle Marsh.

Here’s one of my favorite pictures taken in Ireland at Moll’s Gap.

#5152147 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Today’s last photo shows a bit of the VASTNESS and tree-covered mountains of Alaska as well as the huge bays you traversed to see an area like this.

photo DSCF1142.jpg

#5152173 Report Abuse
    Carol Johnson
    Carol Johnson
    Participant

Good Morning Everyone ..Welcome back Sharon from your pictures posted today I would say it was a successful trip.. Your RW bird shot is GREAT wonderful capture ..that looks like a painted turtle is it..butterflies shots are nice too and the marsh land looks like a nice place to walk.. and your welcome was glad to be able to help you yesterday..

Alecia nice shot of the dove..

Cliff your flower pictures are so pretty..and the Chicago and Alaska pictures are nice too.

Marge its easy to see why that would be one of your favorite pictures ..it is BEAUTIFUL ..you should frame it..

Woody claiming his suet ..

feeding the baby that is as big as the parent…LOL

funny babies sit and scream for more ..yet they can eat off the suet by themselves..

mouth full and ready to take  to baby…

couple of butterflies having a snack together..

This little lady comes every day and just stands in the bird bath ..but yesterday she did more then just stand ..she had a bath it was great watching how happy the water made her…

Hope everyone has a wonderful day…

x_3d759b92 photo x_3d759b92.gif

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.