**~~** Welcome to Picture Post, Tuesday, July 15th, 2014 **~~**

Home Forums Backyard Chat General **~~** Welcome to Picture Post, Tuesday, July 15th, 2014 **~~**

This topic contains 21 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by 4mybackyardpa5 4mybackyardpa5 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Welcome to your picture post. Yesterday we had some great pics, keep them coming..

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5264096 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Hodgepodge day again…..

#5264097 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

#5264098 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Reflections…

#5264100 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Hey you, I’m on my way to bed or reading anyway!

Haven’t been on too much late afternoon.  Was out spraying and then had a phone call from sister in law and she had to give us temporary ph. # till Verizon hooks her landline back up.  It was disconnected by Time Warner Cable Co. when someone from Verizon was going with bundling with cable co. and someone punched in the wrong # in computer and it happened to be my sister in laws, and there went her phone service.  She was told her phone was disconnected, she was pd. up to date and she asked who did that and to her…and was told the cable co.  So she called them, too. Guy couldn’t imagine how that could have happened.  She was without phone service and she has LifeLine and has to have a phone.  She has no cell phone.  So she went next door to call and lady was in shower and didn’t hear her at door.  So she hopped in her car and drove to her sisters a block or so away to use their phone.  She was so fuming mad to think someone screwed her life all up by punching a wrong button inputting info.  She is 83 and so needs a phone and lives alone.  Good thing she has OnStar on her car, at least.  So now she is waiting for them to come and restore her original phone # and phone service.  So she called us to give us the temp. ph. # and to ask her brother an investment question, too.

So freaky things happen these days.

Had some good rains again today.

Nice pictures of flowers and fountain and reflection in sky, too.

#5264143 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Sharon, nice graphics and your flowers are really beautiful… nice shot of the reflections….that’s a really nice water fountain.

Hi Posy!

Many times a day I see my hummingbirds enjoying these little feeders so imagine my surprise when I looked out the window and there were hundreds of honey bees on the feeders. I moved the feeders and have one placed away from the patio for the bees.

There were bees swarming around me as I took these pictures.

#5264158 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Good Morning Sharon and BYC friends!  NO, I’m NOT back in the hospital.  I just stayed up late again and slept in this morning.  Still catching up on getting back to normal as possible.  No pains at least.  Your ‘Reflections’ photo is wonderful as is the fountain.  Love the Lily’s, too!  The ‘bees’ you can have.  Actually I think they are a form of wasp as they appear larger than regular bees and have larger antennae on their heads, than bees.  But…I’m no expert.  I’ll be back later with some pix for today.

#5264163 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Good morning Posy… glad you stopped in before bed..lol

Morning Marnee, yep you have bees… they say to make the sugar water heavier for the bees, and like you said put a feeder away from the hummer ones…

Morning Cliff… good to see you up…

#5264165 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Sun coming up through the trees this morning..

#5264170 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Northern Flicker searching for bugs…

#5264193 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Like the northern flicker and never see them here.  Also, the hodgepodge you posted.  Yes, they say the bees are more scarce each year; at least the honeybees anyway.

CatsBirds, no sun coming up here.  We just had hard rains and thundering a few times.  So we are soggy and 66 degrees and high of 70 today, and lower for highs the next day or so.

Glad to see you up Clif.  No need to have routine if you like to read late sometimes and sleep in late, too.  We all do that occasionally.

Thanks for the tour from my chair this morning.

#5264207 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Good Morning again.  Since you posted some photo’s of lily’s, I’ll show mine again that are now in FULL bloom with every blossom open…not like in this pix that show some yet ready to open.

photo DSCF0997-1.jpg

#5264208 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

W-e-l-l, I’d sure like to head back to Alaska and see sight’s like this one, again!

photo DSCF5721.jpg

#5264210 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Now, this one may take a bit of ‘imagination’ but I SEE a cross on the side of the mountain valley and know it is all natural-made, but is still indicative of the Hand of God in the making of this part of HIS world!

photo DSCF5726.jpg

#5264211 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

….and YES, I’d go back to Alaska again EVEN IF it was as cold as I LOOKED LIKE in this photo.  I actually wasn’t too cold as I was well covered and prepared beforehand for it.  If YOU take a trip of epic proportion’s like I’ve been able to do, one bit of advice.  TAKE TWICE AS MUCH MONEY AND HALF AS MANY CLOTHES!   LOL  This was especially true for my Ireland trip as the money exchange was quite shocking in what I lost in exchanging US dollars for Euro’s.

photo 075.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.