**~~** Welcome to Picture Post, Tuesday, January 28th, 2014 **~~**

Home Forums Backyard Chat General **~~** Welcome to Picture Post, Tuesday, January 28th, 2014 **~~**

This topic contains 88 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by margba margba 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

... Stebbins...living a fashionable life. : Good Morning and Happy Tuesday

Welcome to your picture post… I am hoping we can get everyone able to post pics and see more and more coming in to view them…. Keep trying and I will try to keep helping….

TUESDAY GREETINGS! ~ The Glamorous French Housewife

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#4784864 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

We did get a bit of a sunset last night… We had rainbows with the suns rays going through the blowing snow…Hubby ran out in the bitter cold to get this pic.. quite different.

Right before the sun went down… from the kitchen window… I wasn’t going out there..lo

#4784866 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Now for some summery pics.

This was then… with Quackers and Millie

And this is now…just where they were swimming…

#4784868 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Just dropping in for a bit.  Headed for bed after watching the hockey game and then the news and all the closings for tomorrow.  It is 1 degree here now and by tomorrow wind chill will be minus 21 with many schools and other things closed for the next day or 2.  Then better temps for later in week at least not so bitter cold/windy.

Muddled through some posts today, but will take a while to get it all figured out.  And, I do think the print and the blue on white on the side of page is difficult to read.  The print does not seem as sharp as it should be or dark black in regular print either.  Wonder if that will ever be fixed?

The color scheme is not the best, IMO.  And, certainly not easy on the eyes.  Really need  to use BOLD print all the time.

I like the sunflowers, Quackers and Millie, and the snow scene is very pretty even if it does look cold!   Guess that is what Winter is all about.

#4784969 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Great pictures Sharon, pretty rainbow, and nice summery pictures. Amazing difference in the view from summer to winter.

Hi Posy!

This is one of my Hummers this morning

photo IMG_7305_zps1615400f.jpg

#4784970 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Sharon, I posted my picture of Hummer at 11:18 PM Pacific Time and I just realized it’s showing as 1:18 AM Eastern Standard time! I’m not up that late LOL

#4785096 Report Abuse
    oldgirl06
    oldgirl06
    Participant

Hi, Everyone!   Love the pics so far!   Yes, it was so much fun to see Quackers and Millie again!   I wonder if Quackers will be back this summer!  Looking forward to seeing the swans again, too.

Sunsets and sunflowers!   I love both!  The lake looks so cold though.  That little hummer ready for his dinner!

I’m not having any problems reading the print here.  But then blue is my favorite color!  I had cataract surgery on both eyes a couple of years ago, and I can see very well.

My DD lives right in town, but not too far from a hiking trail that goes through some woods.   She has been having a doe and her fawn and two bucks coming at different times to her back yard to rest and eat what they can find.  They stayed in her yard for several hours last Saturday, and she said it was such a joy to watch them.  She got some good shots last Saturday and posted them on Facebook, so I’m going to try to c/p them here.

The doe has an injured left front leg.  It was pretty swollen below the knee at first.  Now the swelling has gone down, but there is some hair missing from it and she can no longer straighten it out. DD said she doesn’t put any weight on that leg, and it’s amazing how fast she can get around!   DD would love to feed them, but can’t do that or they would depend on it and they need to forage for their own food. It’s not normal for the deer to come this far into town.   I know if they lived in the country, she would be feeding them every day!

The deer and fawn bedded down out in the open.

Here they all are bedded down under the bushes behind her garden.

The doe’s injured leg

And here she appears to be walking on her knee, but the picture is deceiving.  The knee is locked and she can get around and jump just fine!

The doe and her baby checking out one of the bird feeders.

And here is one of the handsome bucks that come with the females.  The other buck is a little smaller.  Never two bucks at the same time.

Find more about Weather in Rochester, MN

• This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by oldgirl06 oldgirl06.
    • This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by oldgirl06 oldgirl06.
    #4785100 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

[URL=http://s1160.photobucket.com/user/Cliff48910/media/0a1dfaad-ad1f-4a6a-a612-36230f236ca7.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q497/Cliff48910/0a1dfaad-ad1f-4a6a-a612-36230f236ca7.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Well, I’ll try this again and see if I can get a pix to post.

#4785101 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

NOPE!  Everyone says pix posting is the same….but it isn’t for me.  Doing nothing different except using the “green tree icon” and the URL is all that comes up.  NO pix.  NOW WHAT DO I DO?

#4785397 Report Abuse
    mackenzeyryley
    mackenzeyryley
    Participant

Good morning everyone, first time here on the new site. Great photos, love the rainbow.

#4785405 Report Abuse
    appleK
    appleK
    Participant

Good Cold Morning again! 

Day 2 of being back……..happy happy!!  wish the type would STAY bold & large! :(

I was out & about in a warm car taking pictures last Wednesday and got a SUN HALO     =  caused by all the ice particles in the atmosphere acting like little prisms in the sunlight!SUN HALO photo 100_3473_zps8b71ba38.jpg

Pictures so far today….wonderful!

Kathie

#4785415 Report Abuse

mememouse
    Participant

Good morning Sharon,,we have SNOW but its still dark outside so will wait til it gets light enough to get some pics,, it only 16º outside too,,

Sharon,,that one photo that yourhubby took is just breath taking to say the least!!

Im not crazy about how I have to keep scrolling up here to see everyones pic to comment,, I like the old way better so I could look at the photos and comment at the same time, with how it works here now is that  I keep having to scroll up to see each pic again , my memory bank is not that good and its just a hassel so I will just say that all the pics are fantastic this morning,they really are,,and hello to everyone here,,

I have a few more pics of Cane Creek Canyon that we hiked at in Ala. on Sunday,

this is the beautiful home to whom the Cane creek Canyon belongs to,,, he owns 700 acres here and made all the trails (with lots of help of course) and is a geologist,,a wonderful gentleman and his wife greet you ,,Very interesting people,and very knowledgable ,,  said the best time to come here is in the spring when all the flora and flauna begin to pop up..

My hubby on this ledge,,scared the bejeebers out of me,,!

This waterfall was not frozen, was very pretty ,,

Cliff, to post pictures,,be sure you are clicked on the “Visual” and not text,,

just click on the green thingy and paste your url from your photobucket on the top line to the right ,you will see where the curser is pulsating ,,(that’s where your url goes ) then click on insert ,, don’t give up…!

Keep warm and safe everyone,,

#4785420 Report Abuse

naturelover_OH_Z5
    Participant

Testing…testing….

Snow Rollers in our yard yesterday…formed by certain weather conditions & gusty wind.

#4785421 Report Abuse

naturelover_OH_Z5
    Participant

FINALLY!!!!    LOL     Thanks Sharon!    :)

#4785448 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Meme, I’ve done all that over and over.  No Pix posting.  Just don’t know what else to do.  Yes, I’m on visual.  Yes, I put the URL into the new box after clicking on the ‘green tree icon’ and did follow instruction’s.  NOTHING.  Sigh!  One day I’ll be back I’m sure.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 89 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.