**~~** Welcome to Picture Post, Tuesday, August, 12th, 2104 **~~**

Home Forums Backyard Chat General **~~** Welcome to Picture Post, Tuesday, August, 12th, 2104 **~~**

This topic contains 28 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by margba margba 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Welcome to your picture post.. I hope everyone enjoys the great pics I am sure we will see today.

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5272841 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Some of my flowers after the rain Monday..

#5272842 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

#5272844 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

#5272845 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

#5272846 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

My new hibiscus…. and Monday nights sunset..

#5272862 Report Abuse
    Marge_in_Michigan
    Marge_in_Michigan
    Participant

Good early morning, Sharon.  Your flowers are lovely (the bee too) and so is your sunset.  I have a hibiscus the same color as yours.

Bouncing Bet in our hayfield.

Have a great day!

#5272869 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Good Morning Sharon and BYC friend’s!  Great photo’s already this morning and I’ve a bit different one to start my day, today.  This photo shows my latest ‘improvement’ in my home where I installed a second 6 foot shelf to hold some add’l dolls I’ve collected.  I told my widow lady who has ‘lots’ that I’m mad at her ’cause she had the ‘collecting BUG’ bite me too!  LOL.  Now, I’ve about 30 counting some stuffed teddy bears, and vow to NOT buy any more. I’ve no more room.  Even my daughter says “NO MORE DOLLS, DAD!”  (she then adds, “What’re we going to do with them when you ‘go home’?….and I tell her hold an estate auction.) The shelf in the middle is my new shelf.  “G-pa and G-ma” on their own shelf was the first shelf.  The top shelf is the 2nd and now the middle is the 3rd and I’ve no more room!

photo 2014MyDollFamily2.jpg

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Nickle98 Nickle98.
    #5272873 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Well, here is a partial photo of the top shelf full of dolls.  The little ‘pouty’ doll on her stool was one of my more recent acquisition’s, and she was so ‘cute’ I couldn’t resist bringing her home.  It might be a bit strange for an old man to collect dolls, but I find it fun!!!  Some children someday might enjoy them even more?  One doll I haven’t shown is one that I picked up along with 5 others from a lady who was selling out.  She had a hand-crocheted dress with little flowers, that covered her and a BIG pillow she was setting on, even a hand-crocheted pillow bottom and it was made to set on a bed….for 25 cents!  Who could resist?

photo 2014MyDollFamily1.jpg

#5272877 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Now, a shift in my photo’s as this was a flowering shrub/bush in Florida outside the home of my hostess, last February.  Florida sure has a lot of different flowering shrubs/bush’s and everywhere I went were colorful and beautiful one’s.

photo DSCF0067-1.jpg

#5272878 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Here is a very strange shrub/bush I found near a nearby home in Florida.  I call it a “Bottle Brush” tree since it resembles a baby bottle brush that we used to have when I was much younger.  Do you remember them?

photo DSCF0084.jpg

#5272879 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Now in this photo, the colorful part of this plant was NOT the flowers but the petals.  I found this one on Sanibel Island.

photo DSCF0091.jpg

#5272880 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Near the beach beside the Lighthouse on Sanibel Island, were these pretty little flowers, just a short walk away from the ocean.

photo DSCF0118.jpg

#5272881 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Today’s last photo is of the lighthouse on Sanibel Island, that I took last February on my solo trip to warmer country and away from our horrible winter.

photo DSCF0101.jpg

#5272927 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Good morning everyone…

Marge, that is a weed?  Looks good for a weed…. of course sometimes they do look as good as the flowers we plant.

Cliff, my goodness what a collection.  All so nice….But when you do “go home” maybe think of donating them to a childrens hospital… just an idea.  Love the Florida flowers.  I really like the lighthouse… always a favorite with me..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.